How do people with jobs in Years 11 and 12 have time? (1 Viewer)

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Hellooo! I'm planning on applying to some jobs but am really worried about managing my time and not getting super burnt out and still doing well in school and all the rest. I also have a few other extracurricular things outside of school, but I've cut down on some of them to make (some) room for a job. So, I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have tips or advice on time management with a job and a high pressure school environment?

carrotsss

HSC
There are a lot of hours in the day when you boil things out, think about your screen time on the average week compared to the number of hours you’d be working. If you’re going to get a job (I had one since the start of year 11 so it’s definitely possible) then you’re just going to have to make sacrifices like using social media less to maintain time management

Cute-Duckie

HSC
There are a lot of hours in the day when you boil things out, think about your screen time on the average week compared to the number of hours you’d be working. If you’re going to get a job (I had one since the start of year 11 so it’s definitely possible) then you’re just going to have to make sacrifices like using social media less to maintain time management
Yeah that's a good point, I might try and practice that in the holidays ngl because I have nothing to do right now and should cut down on my screen time 😭

mandemindiguise

HSC
i've been working at kfc since yr9, honestly just make sure to cement your availabilities and hours. Like prior, i used to work often, but now in yr12, I've cut it down to once or twice a week. But during the holidays, i work a lot more to save up. Just make sure what days/hours you can work

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i've been working at kfc since yr9, honestly just make sure to cement your availabilities and hours. Like prior, i used to work often, but now in yr12, I've cut it down to once or twice a week. But during the holidays, i work a lot more to save up. Just make sure what days/hours you can work
Ohhhhh so ur the one who spat on my chicken nuggies

mzkashi

HSC
That's a really good statement! Honestly, I'm getting a job because of this, because I'm truly disgusted with the amount of screen time I have per week that could be spend studying or working, it's crazy.. I used to work 36 hours, and now I'm just some chronically online loser lmfao,, I'll definitely pick my slacking off, thank you for sharing it lol

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I'm truly disgusted with the amount of screen time I have per week that could be spend studying or working, it's crazy.. I'm just some chronically online loser lmfao,, I'll definitely pick my slacking off, thank you for sharing it lol
I guess we twinning 💀

Bronx_Tips

HSC
no way u got a 99.65 while working

Bronx_Tips

HSC
how tf actually

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
My input would be to really balance your time, and assess how much you NEED to work, vs how much time you have for study, and other activities. You need to also remember to keep some time to yourself, to enjoy the things you want to enjoy.
I didn't study much in year 11 + 12, but I did work 2 jobs all throughout uni to support myself (when I did actually spend time studying), and found it very difficult to get the balance right, and at least one thing/aspect of my life would always suffer. (in saying that living alone you also have to cook and clean and care for yourself).
Don't burn yourself out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)