How do you answer short answer (1 Viewer)

JosephSeed

HSC
Bro, im still stuck on short answer and i take way too long and i still dont get 15 plus....Any tips

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Bro, im still stuck on short answer and i take way too long and i still dont get 15 plus....Any tips
- for 3-4 marker basically do the (n-1) strat (for n marks write n-1 quotes + techniques + analysis), along with a topic sentence that answers the question
- for 5 marker basically do the (n-1) structure again but with a topic sentence and linking sentence
- for 6+ markers that ask you to compare or discuss two texts have a 2 sentence intro (one sentence about text 1 and another about text 2) => two body paragraphs (one for each text) with two quotes each => 1 sentence conclusion (remember if they ask you to contrast put in those contrast words like However, on the other hand etc etc)
- don’t overthink the techniques - keep practising to train yourself to recognise diff techniques but just keep it simple like usually imagery (bonus points if you identify it like auditory or visual imagery) or metaphor does the trick, get yourself accustomed to knowing basic visual and poetic techniques (eg. enjambment and end stop for poetry, gaze and colour contrast for visual)
- you have 40 minutes, if you are doing an n mark question, spend at most 2n minutes on it (i’d say practise to train yourself to finish the 3 and easy 4 marks below 6-8 minutes so that you can dedicate more time to the more difficult 4+ markers and the 6+ markers at the end)
- put in a [author] masterfully does this or the text effectively does that here and there, teachers like that esp for 5+ markers
- it’s normal you start off long and you take your time when you’re doing it at the start - if you practise consistently you’ll find you’ll be faster with identifying techniques much later and the effort pays off

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
- for 3-4 marker basically do the (n-1) strat (for n marks write n-1 quotes + techniques + analysis), along with a topic sentence that answers the question
- for 5 marker basically do the (n-1) structure again but with a topic sentence and linking sentence
- for 6+ markers that ask you to compare or discuss two texts have a 2 sentence intro (one sentence about text 1 and another about text 2) => two body paragraphs (one for each text) with two quotes each => 1 sentence conclusion (remember if they ask you to contrast put in those contrast words like However, on the other hand etc etc)
- don’t overthink the techniques - keep practising to train yourself to recognise diff techniques but just keep it simple like usually imagery (bonus points if you identify it like auditory or visual imagery) or metaphor does the trick, get yourself accustomed to knowing basic visual and poetic techniques (eg. enjambment and end stop for poetry, gaze and colour contrast for visual)
- you have 40 minutes, if you are doing an n mark question, spend at most 2n minutes on it (i’d say practise to train yourself to finish the 3 and easy 4 marks below 6-8 minutes so that you can dedicate more time to the more difficult 4+ markers and the 6+ markers at the end)
- put in a [author] masterfully does this or the text effectively does that here and there, teachers like that esp for 5+ markers
- it’s normal you start off long and you take your time when you’re doing it at the start - if you practise consistently you’ll find you’ll be faster with identifying techniques much later and the effort pays off
🐐

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)