how does medical school work? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi can someone please tell me how to get into a med school, because whenever I try and find something on it different sources tell me different things. Also does anyone know what atar would be a minimum to achieve to try and get into med school, or at the least have a decent enough chance? does anyone also know the acceptance rate for med? thankyou so much !!

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hi can someone please tell me how to get into a med school, because whenever I try and find something on it different sources tell me different things. Also does anyone know what atar would be a minimum to achieve to try and get into med school, or at the least have a decent enough chance? does anyone also know the acceptance rate for med? thankyou so much !!
ucat: 94-99th perctile
atar: <99.3 (99.65 to be safe)
Hella cocurricular

If ur rural or stayed in a rural area for 5 years consecutively (or 10 cumulatively)
Atar: 91.5 cutoff- (96 to be safe)
85-90%tile ucat
some cocurriculars,

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
These are general guidelines from who i've seen actually get in. I'm sure theres people who have achieved lower but may have compensated through other means

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hella cocurricular

If ur rural or stayed in a rural area for 5 years consecutively (or 10 cumulatively)
85-90%tile ucat
some cocurriculars,
i think you can get away with quite a bit lower as a rural student

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Hella cocurricular

85-90%tile ucat
some cocurriculars,
nah there are a lot of med schools that accept higher ucat for a lower atar
eg. jcu accepted 96 in 2023 and rejected some 99s (they don't need ucat) but they have a topical-focused med syllabus which isn't appealing for some, for the jmp (une and uon) program pretty sure its just a 94.3 hurdle but would have to check on that

liamkk112

HSC
also what is with cocurriculars. coz i swear that literally no uni program in australia cares about cocurriculars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)