How many EAS bonus points can you get for going to a disadvantaged school? (1 Viewer)

yellowcupfacelol101

HSC
Hello everyone, so I attend a disadvantaged school and got a letter notifying me that EAS is automatically applied to me. I am hoping to study a bachelor of vision sci/master of clinical optometry and was wondering how many bonus points i might get for attending one. I know it depends on the severity of disadvantage and that there is no set score, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share or if they know roughly how many bonus points you can get solely for going to a disadvantaged school?

Thank you so much

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
First, you could start by determining the maximum EAS points that you can receive. The Bachelor of Vision Science/Master of Clinical Optometry is a program offered by UNSW. This means that the maximum number of EAS points that you can receive under UNSW's ACCESS Scheme is 10. Each university sets different standards in terms of disadvantage and assesses EAS applications accordingly. This, in addition to the fact that the type/severity of the disadvantage itself can influence the number of adjustment factors that can be applied to a student's selection rank (as you mentioned), makes it difficult to accurately estimate a specific number that would be applied to the selection rank.

However, one can still speculate or attempt to use logic to estimate a reasonable number of points that could be applied to the selection rank. In your case, it may be reasonable to suggest that you would receive up to 5 EAS points for your particular disadvantage. Beyond this point, additional disadvantages would likely enable you to receive more than 5 points, potentially closer to the maximum of 10 points in the case of UNSW. Perhaps you could include the number of points that you end up receiving as an indication for future students who may be interested in this.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)