how to study for practicals science (1 Viewer)

t234

HSC
confident/decent at content but struggle a lot in practicals - ik my validity/reliability/accuracy and other basic skills but i think i get panicked and take too long to set up the prac itself and then conduct it/take results

i have a prac for both phys (mod 1 + 2) and chem (mod 2) this term, pls lmk if anyone has recommendations on how i can practice and study for prac tasks

rn i plan on going through common pracs, refining some graphing/result taking skills..

also pls tell me some common pracs for these modules - i’ve looked over the ones in the syllabus that start with “conduct an investigation…” but surely they wouldn’t just test us on one of these pracs??? i dont know if they would do this.

thanks

Neogotmyback

HSC
I dont know if this is still helpful or if you've done the task already but practice questions are your priority. Prac tests are generally tests that expose you to unfamiliar situations so you can use your skills and knowledge to adapt to them. Firstly, know your content but you MUST do practice questions. Things like past prelim papers or things like blitzing biology will 100% get you into the top marks if you are diligent. P.s hop you did well on ur exams :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)