HSC 2024 Music performance pieces (1 Viewer)

Isabella016

HSC
I'm doing my HSC in 2024.
I'm a female vocalist and I'm having trouble choosing pieces for my HSC I am doing 4 performances and I have to choose from 4 categories.
-19th century
- 20th & 21st century
- rock
- jazz

i've ruled out 19th century but struggling to find a jazz song and a rock song i'm narrowing down the list I have for the 20th and 21st centuries
if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I would also love to know what you guys are doing.

Last edited:
HSC
I also did rock as one of my topics for music as a vocalist this year! broad genre so you can go the paramore/evanesence route, or like alanis morisette/hole, or if you wanna do something softer the sundays, the cranberries, fleetwood mac etc.

HSC
definetely not: as long as it has technical value it will be marked just the same
also another important thing to think about if you are doing 4 pieces is stamina, so having one 'softer' song, can help conserve your vocal chords while still showing skill - although i'm not sure how much belting you'll be doing with your other songs

Isabella016

HSC
Hopefully not a lot of belting, as I prefer to sing softer songs anyway.

Isabella016

HSC
just to update they've changed the topics to
-20th & 21st century
- popular music
- instrument and its repertoire
i've picked 3 out of the four songs I need one for instrument and its repertoire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)