I need some tips to study for my prelim IPT exam (1 Viewer)

Uziwitdacash

HSC
I am not really sure if I can ask questions here, but does anyone have any idea what I can do to study for my prelim exam coming up in 6 weeks?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Six weeks should be more than enough time to effectively prepare for your Preliminary exam. You should first ensure that you have a good understanding of the content, which you can do by studying your notes and/or textbook. This will also allow you to remember the content, since favourable performance in IPT relies on your ability to remember a particular concept in addition to understanding it. You should then seek clarification with any concepts that you may not understand or may not be fully confident with.

I would suggest emphasising concepts such as social and ethical issues, as well as information processes, because such concepts will continue to be relevant in the HSC course, as opposed to other concepts, such as binary/hexadecimal conversion.

Once you believe that your knowledge and understanding of the content have become substantial, you can assess your ability to apply them by completing past exam papers. There are some available on THSC and you may also be able to access some past papers from your school. Similarly, you can identify any areas of improvement that arise from errors that you might make as you complete multiple papers, and subsequently work on addressing them.

Lastly, keep in mind that a Preliminary exam does not count towards your HSC results or your ATAR, meaning that you should not overwhelm yourself with pressure. Instead, you should use this opportunity to optimise your study strategy in preparation for the HSC course at no expense.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)