Internal program transfer at unsw (1 Viewer)

Ramenisgood

HSC
Hi I’m currently studying a Bachelor of social science at Unsw. I’m looking to transfer internally to either bachelor of informations systems which requires a wam of 70 or a bachelor of media and commerce which requires a wam of 75. I’m currently in my first year and was wondering when I would apply for this considering I plan on doing 18 uoc each semester. And if I do so for two semesters I have 36 uoc, however I have heard that unsw wants a full year done. Also the unsw website states that we “Must have completed 36 UOC at the time of assessment. Does not include current or future enrolment” which I’m not sure what it means :(((

I also wanted to know the possibility of making it into these courses. I’m currently maintaining around distinction and sometimes high credit scores for my exams in the first half of term one. If I keep this up I think I could get a 75 wam for the first semester.

thank you so much

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You can apply to transfer internally to either the Bachelor of Information Systems or the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Media once you have completed 36 UOC. Since UNSW operates on the basis of terms rather than semesters, this means that you can take 12 UOC each term. When you finish Term 3 (i.e. your first year), you will have completed exactly 36 UOC. Whether you choose to take more courses during the year depends on your own capacity. For example, if you take 18 UOC each term, you will technically be able to apply by the end of Term 2 because you would have completed 36 UOC by then, as opposed to by the end of the year if you take 12 UOC each term. However, the essential piece of information is that you are eligible to apply once you have completed 36 UOC.

"Must have completed 36 UOC at the time of assessment" means that at the time of applying, you must have already completed 36 UOC, as that is one of the eligibility criteria (the other being the WAM requirement). "Does not include current or future enrolment" means that the 36 UOC cannot include courses that you are currently studying (i.e. have not yet completed) or courses that you have not yet taken (and therefore not completed).

In terms of your chances, you seem to be on the right track in terms of the Bachelor of Information Systems. The same can perhaps be suggested regarding the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Media, although your chances can be further improved by doing your utmost to perform as well as possible.

I hope this helps! :D

Ramenisgood

HSC
You can apply to transfer internally to either the Bachelor of Information Systems or the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Media once you have completed 36 UOC. Since UNSW operates on the basis of terms rather than semesters, this means that you can take 12 UOC each term. When you finish Term 3 (i.e. your first year), you will have completed exactly 36 UOC. Whether you choose to take more courses during the year depends on your own capacity. For example, if you take 18 UOC each term, you will technically be able to apply by the end of Term 2 because you would have completed 36 UOC by then, as opposed to by the end of the year if you take 12 UOC each term. However, the essential piece of information is that you are eligible to apply once you have completed 36 UOC.

"Must have completed 36 UOC at the time of assessment" means that at the time of applying, you must have already completed 36 UOC, as that is one of the eligibility criteria (the other being the WAM requirement). "Does not include current or future enrolment" means that the 36 UOC cannot include courses that you are currently studying (i.e. have not yet completed) or courses that you have not yet taken (and therefore not completed).

In terms of your chances, you seem to be on the right track in terms of the Bachelor of Information Systems. The same can perhaps be suggested regarding the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Media, although your chances can be further improved by doing your utmost to perform as well as possible.

I hope this helps! :D
Hi thank you so much this really helps.
I was just a bit worried as unsw states for example the minimum wam for info systems to be 70. But I think to be safe I should be at least getting 72.
And I guess it just depends on my ability to sustain this. But I will try my best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)