Internal rankings for 92+ atar? (1 Viewer)

Starship22

HSC
Hi guys.

Just started year 11 and I am wondering what ranks I should aim for in order to preferably reach 95 atar? (but anything over 92 would still be fine.)

I go to a school ranked in the high 50s/low 60s and do:

Chem, physics, 3u maths, 2u English and modern history.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, ensuring optimal internal performance (which helps to maximise your chances of achieving a high ATAR) would involve doing your utmost to place as high as possible within your cohort across your subjects.

Your school is ranked fairly high. Generally speaking, a student does not need to rank as high at a higher-ranked school as a student who attends a lower-ranked school, in which case the student would need to place higher at a lower-ranked school to match that favourable standard of internal performance.

In your case, perhaps placing in the top 10 students of your cohort should be your minimum goal, and placing among the top 5 students should be your greater goal. Of course, the higher your rank from that point, the more favourable your position and the closer you will be to your desired ATAR. It is important to note that because cohort size differs across subjects, these targets can differ.

The fact that you are inquiring about this as a year 11 student is good because you can use year 11 to gain an idea of your potential position relative to your cohort in each of your subjects. At the same time, you can make any necessary adjustments and improvements to your study strategy so that you are prepared for year 12.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)