ipt help (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
love this subject but i don't know how to answer context and data flow diagram.
I just never get it.
Do I need a tutor? But i heard people that they did good without tutor.
and class 2024 is the last cohort with this subject. syallbus so we have much resources which is good i guess.

cossine

HSC
love this subject but i don't know how to answer context and data flow diagram.
I just never get it.
Do I need a tutor? But i heard people that they did good without tutor.
and class 2024 is the last cohort with this subject. syallbus so we have much resources which is good i guess.
So it would good if you could ask a specific question.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally speaking, IPT is a subject that you can perform well in without a tutor. However, students are different in terms of their learning and academic capabilities. This means that whether you need a tutor depends on your own circumstances. You mentioned that you struggle with context diagrams and data flow diagrams. While both are important concepts that are regularly assessed in IPT HSC exams, they do not constitute a large part of the subject's content, and you can definitely work on improving your understanding of both concepts. Being the last IPT cohort, you have correctly identified that your cohort will have the most resources, and you should therefore use that to your advantage. If you are not facing more serious issues with the subject (for example, if you are not facing difficulties with a more significant part of IPT content), I think that you do not need a tutor at this stage.

In terms of the specific concepts, context diagrams represent an overview of the entire information system. It is shown as a single process (circle) along with inputs/outputs (arrows) and external entities (rectangles). On the other hand, data flow diagrams represent an information system as a number of processes that together form the system. They are more complex than context diagrams as they provide a further level of detail not seen in context diagrams. This complexity can also be a way through which you can distinguish between context diagrams and data flow diagrams. The elements in a data flow diagram remain similar to those of a context diagram, with the addition of a data store (open-ended rectangle). Essentially, context diagrams and data flow diagrams can support the process and understanding of system requirements.

I hope this helps! 😄

rubypinky:)

HSC
Generally speaking, IPT is a subject that you can perform well in without a tutor. However, students are different in terms of their learning and academic capabilities. This means that whether you need a tutor depends on your own circumstances. You mentioned that you struggle with context diagrams and data flow diagrams. While both are important concepts that are regularly assessed in IPT HSC exams, they do not constitute a large part of the subject's content, and you can definitely work on improving your understanding of both concepts. Being the last IPT cohort, you have correctly identified that your cohort will have the most resources, and you should therefore use that to your advantage. If you are not facing more serious issues with the subject (for example, if you are not facing difficulties with a more significant part of IPT content), I think that you do not need a tutor at this stage.

In terms of the specific concepts, context diagrams represent an overview of the entire information system. It is shown as a single process (circle) along with inputs/outputs (arrows) and external entities (rectangles). On the other hand, data flow diagrams represent an information system as a number of processes that together form the system. They are more complex than context diagrams as they provide a further level of detail not seen in context diagrams. This complexity can also be a way through which you can distinguish between context diagrams and data flow diagrams. The elements in a data flow diagram remain similar to those of a context diagram, with the addition of a data store (open-ended rectangle). Essentially, context diagrams and data flow diagrams can support the process and understanding of system requirements.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank you so much for the comment. Are you able to elaborate what the significant part of the ipt content will be?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you so much for the comment. Are you able to elaborate what the significant part of the ipt content will be?
No worries. I am just referring to the rest of the concepts that you learn about in the mandatory topics as well as in whichever option topics you will be studying. The idea is that the need for a tutor to assist you with understanding the content would depend on how much of the content you are struggling with. Getting a tutor would be justified if the problem is more serious, such as if you are facing difficulty understanding more concepts. In your case, however, if the problem does not extend beyond context diagrams and data flow diagrams, then you should be able to address it without needing a tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)