Is 97+ atar achievable with... (1 Viewer)

KoshX87

HSC
School rank is in top 80, so nothing too special there.

Adv English: 18/63
Ext 1 Math: 6/44
Ext 2 Math: 6/19
Chemistry : 7/50
Physics : 9/63
Software Design and Development: 1/6

I think I've done very well for the HSC exams up until now and just Physics and Chemistry remain, but its just so stressful, because i keep worrying if I'm gonna get a high enough ATAR for the course I'm trying to get in which requires 97+ as a cut-off
;)

EDIT:
These are the marks I think I've gotten so far (raw):
Eng(Adv): ~76/105 (I've heard this is just less than a band 6)
Ext 1 Math: ~57/70
Ext 2 Math : ~ 77/100
SDD: ~ 90/100

Last edited:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I think you're more around 93-95 at the moment, but band 6's in physics and chem should bring you up to 97.

KoshX87

HSC
Hmm Ok. Ty for feedback.
I was just wondering because the guy who last year was first in software got around 95 ATAR with the following. He did only 3u maths and his 3u rank was lower as well. I don't think he got band 6 for software either, cause he only got distinguished achiever thingy for 2u and 3u.
SDD: 1 out of 7
2U maths: 3 or 4 out of 65
3U maths: 8 out of 40
Phys: 7 out of 40
English: like 20+ out of 60
Engineering Studies: 2 out of 15

I was also hoping for a higher estimate (derp :( ) with those raw mark approximations cause there's 3 band 6s and a pretty high band 5 in the current score i roughly know. Additionally, the people ahead of me in each subject are good and i think top 7 or 9 for chem last year and top 7 or 9 for physics got band 6s.
Thank you for your estimates, looks like i have to study harder for these next few days...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hmm Ok. Ty for feedback.
I was just wondering because the guy who last year was first in software got around 95 ATAR with the following. He did only 3u maths and his 3u rank was lower as well. I don't think he got band 6 for software either, cause he only got distinguished achiever thingy for 2u and 3u.
SDD: 1 out of 7
2U maths: 3 or 4 out of 65
3U maths: 8 out of 40
Phys: 7 out of 40
English: like 20+ out of 60
Engineering Studies: 2 out of 15

I was also hoping for a higher estimate (derp :( ) with those raw mark approximations cause there's 3 band 6s and a pretty high band 5 in the current score i roughly know. Additionally, the people ahead of me in each subject are good and i think top 7 or 9 for chem last year and top 7 or 9 for physics got band 6s.
Thank you for your estimates, looks like i have to study harder for these next few days...
If you can do well in Physics and Chem then you can get 98. Just keep working.

KoshX87

HSC
In atar calculators it says 90 in each will get 98 atar, and so far im sure i've got 93/4 hsc mark for both 3u and 4u and software is definitely above 90. English is probably around 85-90 hsc mark and i think i can get 90 for both chemistry and physics for hsc mark.
(This is using the raw marks database and matrix calculator and the talent100 calculators)
Is this because of ranks, because i see they don't take that into account, but everyone whos higher rank in me in all subjects (except maybe a few people in english) are actually really smart and i would not expect their marks to drag me down.

KoshX87

HSC
I know this is really late but it might assist people doing the HSC this year. I may as well type it here, before i forget it all together:

School: Chatswood High (ranked 82 in 2013 when I did my hsc)

Subject HSC marks:
Math Ext 1: 94
Math Ext 2: 94
English Adv.: 77
Phys: 92
Chem: 89
SDD (didn't count towards atar): 86

Overall ATAR: 97.35

(so i got my course, but I kind of didn't like it that much. So if you're going to do a degree just cause it has a high cut-off, don't. Choose something you know you'll love to do, because studying in uni is impossible if you don't actually love it).

Starship22

HSC
I know this is really late but it might assist people doing the HSC this year. I may as well type it here, before i forget it all together:

School: Chatswood High (ranked 82 in 2013 when I did my hsc)

Subject HSC marks:
Math Ext 1: 94
Math Ext 2: 94
English Adv.: 77
Phys: 92
Chem: 89
SDD (didn't count towards atar): 86

Overall ATAR: 97.35

(so i got my course, but I kind of didn't like it that much. So if you're going to do a degree just cause it has a high cut-off, don't. Choose something you know you'll love to do, because studying in uni is impossible if you don't actually love it).
Hello there fellow chatswoodhighschoolian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)