leaders and achievers maq (1 Viewer)

fairy.floss

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I was wondering how much extracurricular, volunteering/leadership and grades you need to get into maq leaders and achievers law
I am about to finish my first term in year 11 and i am doing eng std, maths adv, maths ext, business studies, pdhpe, bio, and earth and environmental, but i did not get most of my grades back.
For extracurricular did/am doing: taekwondo(year 9-10), was in two orchestras but now im only in wind (also wondering if the extracurricular and volunteering i did still counts if it was before year 11),
Leadership/volunteering i did: volunteering to be music tutor for primary school kids, peer support, leadership camp, volunteering at my school cafe, am in the jersey committee and soon will join src. are these enough leadership roles and volunteering or are there other beneficial roles i should take. Also how much of grades count to get into law because my overall cohort average for biology was 18/40 in a top 65 school, (but i didnt get my marks back yet) so im worried if how hard my schools tests can affect my overall grade. Thanks

kingpalindrome

HSC
Hi, I was wondering how much extracurricular, volunteering/leadership and grades you need to get into maq leaders and achievers law
I am about to finish my first term in year 11 and i am doing eng std, maths adv, maths ext, business studies, pdhpe, bio, and earth and environmental, but i did not get most of my grades back.
For extracurricular did/am doing: taekwondo(year 9-10), was in two orchestras but now im only in wind (also wondering if the extracurricular and volunteering i did still counts if it was before year 11),
Leadership/volunteering i did: volunteering to be music tutor for primary school kids, peer support, leadership camp, volunteering at my school cafe, am in the jersey committee and soon will join src. are these enough leadership roles and volunteering or are there other beneficial roles i should take. Also how much of grades count to get into law because my overall cohort average for biology was 18/40 in a top 65 school, (but i didnt get my marks back yet) so im worried if how hard my schools tests can affect my overall grade. Thanks
Sounds like you're pretty solid with your volunteering and leadership, SRC definitely is the major one they love. From memory they only accept extracurriculars from the past 2 years (so year 10 won't count) -- although if you began it before year 11 but continued it into year 11/12 you can put down earlier dates.

Grades wise, they look at the letters on your NESA report (you'll get it at the end of y11) - I had mostly As except for a B in legal studies and still got in, so 1 B probably won't ruin all your chances.

It will also depend on how well you answer their short-response questions in the application - really recommend getting a teacher or smart adult to read over it before you submit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)