Might be a lot shot but does anyone know the stats for unsw gateway entry? (1 Viewer)

adfasdfgh

HSC
I'm just curious, as I'm not that confident in my year 11 grades

natsnapshoot

HSC
Most people who apply through gateway get the offer. You should focus on perfecting your personal statement as this is what they really care about. Remember, there are two offer rounds so don't stress if you don't get the initial offer :)

Also, I should mention that other than vision science/master of clinical optometry and medical science/doctor of medicine, there are no caps for the amount of offers they give out.

Armon

HSC
Most people who apply through gateway get the offer. You should focus on perfecting your personal statement as this is what they really care about. Remember, there are two offer rounds so don't stress if you don't get the initial offer :)

Also, I should mention that other than vision science/master of clinical optometry and medical science/doctor of medicine, there are no caps for the amount of offers they give out.
They don't look at the personal statement. A friend of mine uploaded a maths past paper as his personal statement and got guarenteed offer. Another just put a chatgptd response in and got actl/cs offer.

Armon

HSC
I'm just curious, as I'm not that confident in my year 11 grades
Everyone at my rank 550 school who applied got an offer, but only a few students got guarenteed. There is a much heavier weighting on the marks than the personal statement and no matter how good your personal statement is its unlikely to get a guarenteed offer unless your Prelim marks are close to being all As.

iirc in 2022 it was like 1600 applications and 1400 offers?

Last edited:

natsnapshoot

HSC
Everyone at my rank 550 school who applied got an offer, but only a few students got guarenteed. There is a much heavier weighting on the marks than the personal statement and no matter how could your personal statement is its unlikely to get a guarenteed offer unless your Prelim marks are close to being all As.

iirc in 2022 it was like 1600 applications and 1400 offers?
yeah its true that marks matter more for unconditional, but most people are able to get conditional offers through ok marks and a decent statement

Armon

HSC
do people change to gateway schools for this
Nah, you need to be going to a gateway school for a few years to be eligible. Additionally, there aren't many UNSW courses that have particularly high ATAR requirements so it wouldn't be worth it. If your school is good enough to not be gateway, you should be good enough to get the 85 or whatever you'll need pre-bonus points to get into engineering or CS or whatever 🤷‍♂️

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)