Modelling Transcription And Translation (1 Viewer)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Howdy All!

I’m wondering if any of you fellow Biology students have a model / diagram of protein synthesis that you could share with me, preferably one that is drawn / made over an A4 or A3 paper.

If possible, I’d appreciate it if it included the steps of both, Transcription AND Translation!

If you don’t have a model or diagram, I’d appreciate any help or explanations on the process of protein synthesis and a walkthrough of the steps of Transcription and Translation since my knowledge on both are a bit iffy and I need to soak in as much detail as possible.

Thank you all in advance!!

C_master

HSC
  1. Transcription (in the Nucleus)
    • Initiation: In the nucleus, the DNA double helix unwinds to expose a gene sequence. RNA polymerase, an enzyme, binds to the DNA at the promoter region.
    • Elongation: RNA polymerase moves along the DNA, synthesizing a strand of messenger RNA (mRNA) that is complementary to the DNA template strand.
    • Termination: When the RNA polymerase reaches a stop signal on the DNA, the transcription of mRNA is completed, and the mRNA strand detaches from the DNA.
  2. Translation (in the Cytoplasm)
    • Initiation: The mRNA moves out of the nucleus into the cytoplasm and attaches to a ribosome.
    • Elongation: Transfer RNA (tRNA) molecules, each carrying a specific amino acid, bind to the ribosome at their anticodon sites, matching the codons on the mRNA strand.
    • Formation of Protein: As the ribosome moves along the mRNA, the amino acids brought by tRNAs are linked together in the sequence dictated by the mRNA, forming a polypeptide chain.
    • Termination: When the ribosome reaches a stop codon on the mRNA, the translation process ends, and the newly formed polypeptide chain is released. This chain folds into a functional protein.
do u still tutor? a stupid question imao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)