Prescribed texts (1 Viewer)

C_master

HSC
Hey there,

I've been recently searching for novels that are related to the HSC English advanced course and wanted to know which prescribed texts are the best (in your opinion)

I'm also aware that you can't choose your own texts?? Correct me if Im wrong but personally I'm into the genre of mystery/suspense etc

Thanks,

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hey there,

I've been recently searching for novels that are related to the HSC English advanced course and wanted to know which prescribed texts are the best (in your opinion)

I'm also aware that you can't choose your own texts?? Correct me if Im wrong but personally I'm into the genre of mystery/suspense etc

Thanks,
there is a wide range of texts that can be chosen from but the schools pick the texts (basically, there's like a pool of texts per module and the teachers pick them for the students to study) as long as they fall under nesa guidelines (one shakespearean drama + one novel + one poetry/drama + other if applicable like a film). the most common text selection for schools is 1984 + tempest/hagseed + ts eliot, but other schools can also do other texts (mine did merchant of venice + keats/campion + artist of the floating world)

if you're interested in just reading them for fun, then i thought artist of the floating world was good (it's not really a standard mystery/suspense but it's narrated with an unreliable narrator to a point where it's pretty ambiguous and suspenseful and you have to figure out for yourself which parts the narrator is saying is true and which aren't kinda). most of the HSC english advanced texts don't really fall under mystery/suspense though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)