Questions- Medicine (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
For information: ADF Recruiter,

1) If i undertake the sponsered undergraduate scheme do i have to do it at UNSW?

2) If i join the RAAF or RAAFSR not doing the sponsered tertiaty education scheme or any course through adfa/adf do i still get the rank of FLTLT uppon entering the RAAF or will i be sent to OTS and obtain the rank of PLTOFF or one of the Other Ranks?

3) Am i allowed to do both an Undergradute scheme at ADFA and a Postgrad course in medicine at UNSW will they both be sponsered?

4) There is two years compulsory hospital training for med students, is that undertaken in a RAAF/ADF hospital or a civillian hospital?

5) I was told if joined the defence force as a general practitioner it would be hard to join the RAAF and i was told i probably would to go into the army-RAAMC is this true?

6) Don't worry if you cant answer my questions i alrady have asked recruiting twice on these matters and they have not been able to give me an answer.

Regards,

CDT J. WU
336 SQN AAFC
Richmond RAAF Base

ADF

Sponsor
1. You can go to any uni of your choosing.

2. Each case is assessed on its merits, so its impossible to predict what rank you would enter. Regardless you will have to undergo some form of officer training, if full time it will be RAAF Williams if RAAFSR most likely 22 SQN OJT.

3. You cannot do undergrad at ADFA and postgrad at UNSW at the same time, only one course of study will be sponsored. Be careful not to confuse ADFA with the undergrad scheme.

4. If you are being sponsored for a medical degree, you will be studying in a civilian uni, your residency training will be conducted at a civilian hospital approved by ADF.

5. This is not true. However the three services have requirements for certain amount of medical practitioners per year and it may be that RAAF do not require any more for some time, you will have to enquire at defence recruiting to find out where vacancies exist.

6. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)