'recommend and justify one legal measure to improve the protection of HR in australia' (3 marks) (1 Viewer)

user18181818

HSC
how would u guys answer this question i'm struggling quite a lot

nsw..wollongong

HSC
there was the bill to introduce s271 into the crimes sexual servitude amendment act, recommendation is to pass this bill (link to modern slavery - human trafficking is the offence bc s271 now covers debt bondage etc)

breadcrumbs

HSC
idk id probably write abt changing the dualist system in australia to a monist system? dont know if its too far fetched or not but thats the first thing i thought abt

breadcrumbs

HSC
can u explain it we didnt rlly learn that
dualist system is basically how when australia ratifies international treaty it doesnt actually become enforced domestically until australia incorporates domestic legislation for it
monist system is when countries sign an international treaty and it automatically gets incorporated into their law

breadcrumbs

HSC
^^oh doesnt have to be an international treaty i think just international law in general

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
dualist system is basically how when australia ratifies international treaty it doesnt actually become enforced domestically until australia incorporates domestic legislation for it
monist system is when countries sign an international treaty and it automatically gets incorporated into their law
whats the point of a dualist system

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i emailed my legal teacher saying "whats the point of a dualist system and why isn't Australia a monist system?"

and he said "Australia values its sovereignty. That’s my best explanation; these are terms which don’t explicitly come up in LS curriculum though"

nsw..wollongong

HSC
or u could just talk abt australia's adversarial system protects a21 iccpr: right to a fair hearing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)