sketching square root functions (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
When it comes to sketching the square root of a function I just dont know how to start it or what to do or look out for:

like the graph y=(x+2)(1-x)

1710928216708.png
what would I do to sketch the square root of this (and stuff like this in general) like I just cant make sense of how I would do it or figure it out 😭(if you get what I mean)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
When it comes to sketching the square root of a function I just dont know how to start it or what to do or look out for:

View attachment 42754
what would I do to sketch the square root of this (and stuff like this in general) like I just cant make sense of how I would do it or figure it out 😭(if you get what I mean)
This is one of those questions where you're better off watching a video (e.g. eddie woo or smn) because I guarantee you explainign it in words will sound very complicated and its really hard to visualise without a graph.

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
This is one of those questions where you're better off watching a video (e.g. eddie woo or smn) because I guarantee you explainign it in words will sound very complicated and its really hard to visualise without a graph.
are there any other of those type of questions that I should look out for? and how would I know what is what😭

kkk579

hello
HSC

View attachment 42754
For square root functions, any part of the function below y=0 is ignored. The x ints become critical points. The y value of Horizontal asymptotes should be square rooted which will become the new HA. The vertical asynptotes are left alone. The y value of the stationary points of the graph should be square rooted. Within 0<x<1 the square root function should be larger than the original function and when x>=1 the square root function should be smaller than the original function.

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
For square root functions, any part of the function below y=0 is ignored. The x ints become critical points. The y value of Horizontal asymptotes should be square rooted which will become the new HA. The vertical asynptotes are left alone. The y value of the stationary points of the graph should be square rooted. Within 0<x<1 the square root function should be larger than the original function and when x>=1 the square root function should be smaller than the original function.
omg thanks lifesaver ong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)