Sonography Central Queensland Uni Sydney Campus & Radiography Usyd (1 Viewer)

jammyjim

HSC
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone's done/doing cqu's sonography course at the sydney campus to share your feelings on what it's like. im interested in pursuing a career in sonography in sydney but there seemes to be no undergrad courses offered at the major sydney unis - UNLESS the radiography undergrad course at usyd does cover sonography, but i have no idea for certain! so if anyones also taken usyd's radiography course, please lmk if u can become a sonographer by doing radiography at usyd. the atars kinda high tho, idk if id be able to get in, so thats why im also asking about cqu bc they definitely cover sonography there and at a lower atar.

i only recently found out cqu offers sonography as an undergrad course, and surprisingly they have a sydney campus. one of my concerns tho is that it's got a pretty low ranking as a uni but tbh im not really sure if that matters too much, does it? like does the uni teach sonography poorly because of the low ranking? (that sounds so rude my goodness im sorry) and does it mean it would be difficult to find a job as a sonographer after graduating from cqu?
im also kinda put off by the campus environment lol ik its such a petty thing, but i think its just located in like a building office? i thought it would be its own big nice pretty campus like other unis lol (pretty privilege is real guys), and i just always looked forward to the whole uni experience of u going to this cute campus studying with your friends lmao. but if this hasnt bothered anyone, then i think i can live with it. plus its literally located in the city anyways, darling harbour is like a hop skip jump away so i think ill be fine. i was just a bit worried since nobody i know is doing it or wants to do it so im scared ill be a bit alone and thought the campus aesthetics would have made up for it. actually, is it hard to make friends at cqu? im curious about this as ive heard theres mainly international students who attend.
ooh and also ive heard most of the sonography classes are actually conducted online? is this true, whats it like, and do u prefer going to the actual uni or watching the online lectures?

thanks so much !!!!!!

libel21

HSC
Hey, sorry I don't know what CQU is like, but I know that it is the only Bachelor course for sonography in the country. Medical Imaging Bachelor courses briefly cover ultrasound but you will not be able to become a sonographer with that (Grad Dip is required).

Whichever course you go for you should be able to make good friends with course-mates and socially around campus. Mixed online/in-person seems to be more normal at the moment, but in-person is better for the social aspect and hands-on labs.

If you do radiography you will have to get a job first, then hopefully be able to get a trainee ultrasound position internally (employers often contribute $$ to the Grad Dip for staff).

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)