Techniques - advice needed (1 Viewer)

straj15

HSC
N/A
The accessibility of adult chat sites for individuals with disabilities or limitations allows for a more inclusive and diverse community.

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Struggling with the techniques for these two quotes, can someone plz help?

1. “They believed, in short, that they held in their steady hands the candle that would light the world”

2. “So their self-denial, their purposefulness, their suspicion of all vain pursuits, their hard-handed justice, were altogether perfect instruments for the conquest of this space so antagonistic to man”
1. i think this is from the crucible so if this is i would say the candle is a metaphor for control/power
2. probs cumulative listing evoked by the anaphora of 'their'

tigerian

HSC
N/A
1. i think this is from the crucible so if this is i would say the candle is a metaphor for control/power
2. probs cumulative listing evoked by the anaphora of 'their'

I was asked this in my English class group many times

1/ . “They believed, in short, that they held in their steady hands the candle that would light the world.

There are not a lot of techniques but the candle shows foreshadowing and readers anticipate candles symbolising as something to guide through tough times . It’s a connotation and you can decide what you associate it with but you can go with sone of the ideas listed by others . It can also be a contrast of light in a dark situation

2\ “So their self-denial, their purposefulness, their suspicion of all vain pursuits, their hard-handed justice, were altogether perfect instruments for the conquest of this space so antagonistic to man

Did you identify the antithesis between perfect and antagonistic ? Anaphora is also identifiable . There are lots of the s sound as well so you shoukd definitely refer to sibilance

Anyway all you students feel free to ask me personally via bored of studies or email pamandian@iinet.net.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)