University Transfer (1 Viewer)

Splyx

HSC
I am just wondering if I undertake the Bachelor of Business/Information Technology combined degree at UTS, would it be possible for me to transfer to the Bachelor of Commerce/Computer Science double degree at UNSW?

If so, would this be the best method as both degrees from both universities are somewhat related? Or would just solely a Bachelor of Business degree or Bachelor of Computing Science degree at UTS be better to transition into UNSW?

Last edited:

liamkk112

HSC
if ur transferring after first year the subjects from it and cs are prob exact same, so u should be fine. however note that unsw would have done 9 subjects while uts would have done 8, so you probably would hav esome catching up to do. additionally gpa is prob very important so make sure u can keep it up

Splyx

HSC
if ur transferring after first year the subjects from it and cs are prob exact same, so u should be fine. however note that unsw would have done 9 subjects while uts would have done 8, so you probably would hav esome catching up to do. additionally gpa is prob very important so make sure u can keep it up
If I transfer after first year, would I go into second year like usual at UNSW just like everyone else or would I have to repeat first year again (be a year behind) to catch up on missed content? Thanks for the reply.

rubypinky:)

HSC
i hear alot of people transferring, does that mean u have to pay more moeny? cause u are repeating the course? how does the payment work. Also i saw someone who does part time uni, goes two uni. are those more expensive?

carrotsss

HSC
at unsw 8 is the sorta “standard”, 9 is if u wanna speed up your degree and finish early

Splyx

HSC
at unsw 8 is the sorta “standard”, 9 is if u wanna speed up your degree and finish early
Would transferring be possible and fine then? And would I be at the same pace as everyone else (meaning I finish at the same time/year if I had started off with UNSW in the first place?)

carrotsss

HSC
Would transferring be possible and fine then? And would I be at the same pace as everyone else (meaning I finish at the same time if I had started off with UNSW in the first place?)
it depends if unsw allows you to credit transfer from uts which I don’t know if they do, you might be better off asking them unless someone else here knows

dav53521

HSC
UNSW just like everyone else or would I have to repeat first year again (be a year behind) to catch up on missed content
You'll probably be behind a bit for comp sci, as IT and comp sci are somewhat different. You'll most likely have to do the math subjects as IT doesn't do any pure math subjects and also I would assume you'll have to do some of the comp sci courses as IT wouldn't have covered stuff like DSA, computer systems and software engineering.

Also another thing I would recommend is doing prog 1 over prog fund as prog fund will not really help in the transition from IT to Comp Sci as from what I heard it's quite slow and shallow compared to prog 1 and comp sci will be very programming intensive so best to get all the experince you can get.

cossine

HSC
If I transfer after first year, would I go into second year like usual at UNSW just like everyone else or would I have to repeat first year again (be a year behind) to catch up on missed content? Thanks for the reply.
This question is best directed at UNSW. There may be some subjects you receive credit recognition.

Splyx

HSC
So would the Business/Information Technology degree be the most favourable in the transition into UNSW Commerce/Computer Science compared to just Business or Computing Sci at UTS on their own? Thanks for the replies once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)