USYD Subject Reviews (revived) (1 Viewer)

Anaya R

HSC
I know some of you younger folks said you'd start a thread at the end of Semester 1, but I thought I'd just drop in with some subjects I've already completed this year.
Remember the criteria is:
Ease: /10
Lecturer: /10
Interest: /10
Overall: /10
Feel free to add additional comments as to justify your scoring (or highlight interesting staff who teach).

Anaya R

HSC
OLET1666: Writing with LaTeX
Ease: 8/10 - sometimes the challenges were easy, but sometimes the feedback was vague
Lecturer: N/A as this was run as an online unit. The course coordinator was quite responsive though on ED
Interest: 9/10 - I enjoyed the skills and the final assignment, but it was challenging as someone with a limited coding background.
Overall: 8.5/10 - great OLE, but some parts did make it seem a bit unjustified when considering that it is a 2cp OLE. If you want to succeed, you have to pace yourself well and start on your final assignment early.

Anaya R

HSC
OLES2139: Experience (Germany)
Ease: 10/10 - the modules are self explanatory, and if you pay attention in class you'll easily ace that part.
Lecturer: 10/10 - the staff are all professional and understandable
Interest: 10/10 - plenty of opportunities to explore the city in the class context, but there is enough leeway to go exploring on your own.
Overall: 10/10
In the words of Palpatine, *do it*.
[This is a valuable opportunity, and if you have the means absolutely go for it!]

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
no can more people do this its interesting
you should do it 🖖 talk about ur chem unit 😍

OLES2139: Experience (Germany)
Ease: 10/10 - the modules are self explanatory, and if you pay attention in class you'll easily ace that part.
Lecturer: 10/10 - the staff are all professional and understandable
Interest: 10/10 - plenty of opportunities to explore the city in the class context, but there is enough leeway to go exploring on your own.
Overall: 10/10
In the words of Palpatine, *do it*.
[This is a valuable opportunity, and if you have the means absolutely go for it!]
out of curiosity, what degree are you doing? (i'm just interested + curious lol as a unsw student)

yanujw

HSC
CLAW1001: Foundations of Business Law
Ease: 5/10
Lecturer: 7/10 (Note that the lectures are online videos)
Interest: 9/10
Overall: 7/10

The content was thoroughly interesting and the application of it is also quite practical (unlike HSC legal studies where you learn the law and discuss the issues behind it, here you apply and discuss the application of the law to given scenarios). There's a really high weighting on the final exam considering that you don't really get essay feedback throughout the semester, but it's open book, and the tutors are generally pretty generous with participation marks.

But be warned, this subject has a shitload of notetaking. My final notes for this subject had 17,800 words, which for reference is more than the total combined word count from my ECON1001, BUSS1020, BUSS1030 and OLET1601 notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)