UTS Business vs USYD Commerce (1 Viewer)

frankthetank12345

HSC
Hello,

I've recently enrolled to study a bachelor of business and potentially thinking about adding a bachelor of law too at UTS. However, I would prefer to study at UNSW or USYD commerce due to its prestige with employers. I was wondering if anyone had any specific tips or opinions about whether to stay at UTS or request a transfer when possible to either UNSW or USYD.

With a transfer, does anyone know the specific WAM or GPA needed to be eligible for a transfer to either UNSW or USYD?

To give myself a better chance to move to USYD, I was looking at doing a bachelor of arts then changing... would this be stupid and a waste of time or would it potenitally increase my chances of getting accepted through the transfer?

Thanks !

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I could be wrong about this but it would be possibly more strategic to do arts at usyd and major in business/law (or related majors), you could then get credits transferred once you transfer to a usyd business/law degree and you wouldn't need to repeat those units

liamkk112

HSC
Hello,

I've recently enrolled to study a bachelor of business and potentially thinking about adding a bachelor of law too at UTS. However, I would prefer to study at UNSW or USYD commerce due to its prestige with employers. I was wondering if anyone had any specific tips or opinions about whether to stay at UTS or request a transfer when possible to either UNSW or USYD.

With a transfer, does anyone know the specific WAM or GPA needed to be eligible for a transfer to either UNSW or USYD?

To give myself a better chance to move to USYD, I was looking at doing a bachelor of arts then changing... would this be stupid and a waste of time or would it potenitally increase my chances of getting accepted through the transfer?

Thanks !
usually internal transfer is easier than external transfer, especially if u take relevant subjects in the degree before u transfer as u get guaranteed credit. in the case of the bachelor of arts u could pick some law and commerce units (maybe for electives ? if u can't do it as general subjects), then provided that u have a good enough gpa/wam, when u transfer u have already completed some core units. however it wouldn't necessarily be easier to actually transfer, it's still based on ur gpa/wam which would be the case if u were going from uts to usyd/unsw anyway. it just means that some of ur units might not be counted as credit at usyd/unsw.

i would tell u what wam/gpa is needed but its not exactly something that is published everywhere like atar entry requirements. however a quick google search has some people saying that they had >84 wam when transferring from uts business to unsw commerce, so a high distinction average basically. however law is probably a bit more competitive, so just make sure u have as good of a high distinction average as possible to be competitive (wam is also probably similar in terms of internal transfer).

C_master

HSC
usually internal transfer is easier than external transfer, especially if u take relevant subjects in the degree before u transfer as u get guaranteed credit. in the case of the bachelor of arts u could pick some law and commerce units (maybe for electives ? if u can't do it as general subjects), then provided that u have a good enough gpa/wam, when u transfer u have already completed some core units. however it wouldn't necessarily be easier to actually transfer, it's still based on ur gpa/wam which would be the case if u were going from uts to usyd/unsw anyway. it just means that some of ur units might not be counted as credit at usyd/unsw.

i would tell u what wam/gpa is needed but its not exactly something that is published everywhere like atar entry requirements. however a quick google search has some people saying that they had >84 wam when transferring from uts business to unsw commerce, so a high distinction average basically. however law is probably a bit more competitive, so just make sure u have as good of a high distinction average as possible to be competitive (wam is also probably similar in terms of internal transfer).
can see u becoming a mod in the future if u keep this up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)