VCE/HSC exam equivilances (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Although the following list will not be perfect it will give a point for you Victorians to use HSC exams if you run out of past VCE exams (which should be done first) I'll do more extensive lists afterwards.

Mathematics Methods is pretty much the same as Mathematics Extension 1 you could use those exams for the majority, but keep in mind they aren't designed to be done with Graphics Calculators.

Chemistry is similar to HSC chemistry pre 2004 ie 2003 and before, just remove the history questions. With a fair bit being similar to the options Biochemistry of Movement and Forensic Chemistry (someone who did that option could expand).

Physics is slightly like HSC Physics for gravity and motion. With some additional (should be very easy to spot). Structures and Materials is however, like Engineering Studies, strikingly similar however, there isn't as many resources for that. Light and Matter is similar to the option From Quanta to Quarks again without the history.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well the 2003 tests looked easier then the others and that was what I was mainly going on when helping a friend in Melbourne go through them.

They syllabus seems to be between 2U and 3U so it is probably safer to do 3U. It was only a quick glance over Maths anyway since they were more concerned with chemistry and physics.

Last edited:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I’m pretty sure VCE/HSC biology are similar. From memory, I printed off 2002 biology exam paper (HSC) - question were not that different to what we did throughout the yr. I think there were a few questions I couldn't do b/c the topic was not covered in the course content.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i looked at a vce paper and it is virtually all genetics. we only do one topic on genetics and are lucky if much pops up

tristan88

HSC
Yes, well out of two topics in Unit 4 Biology, one being 'Genetic Inheritance' and 'Variation, natural selectrion and evolution', Genetics does take up between 50-65% of the area of study in the final exam(2nd semester).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)