Welcome to French class of 2003 (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by emily
but seriously, knowing any secong language is useful, even if it's just to give you a solid base to work off when learning other, more widespread lanuages...
I agree, this is very true. And French is useful for international events such as the Olympics (Athens for example). But it is almost as disorganised and illogical as English, the "mofo" of all languages.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Edit: of course, there's always the world's smallest land nation - The Vatican City!
huh? they speak italian there
Originally posted by emily
mmm, just a quick question - how on earth are you guys studying for french? i mean, i'm reading when i can, but other than that i can't really think of what to do!!
yeah just reading, writing, i will get to le journal when i have time, i just find it hard to understand and so get bored
Originally posted by RJ
emily,

try "Le journal" each day at 9am on SBS, keep those writing tasks coming and, as you say, reading is a good idea. I don't believe there is such thing as "French cramming". It is a progressive skill that you build up, so I'm sure you're much more prepared than you think you are!
i also think it depends what you have done during the year, how much you have paid attention to past mistakes and tried to correct them

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
huh? they speak italian there
:p I was talking about Church ceremonies. Yes, of course they speak Italian within the actual city, but one of the official languages is Latin, and all their official documents are still written thus.

porka

Hey Emily, I was in the same boat last year in that I wasn't sure how to go about studying for the French Continuers exam. In the end what I focused upon was learning little catch phrases or idioms and then working on incorporating them into my written work. Other than reading, writting and listening to French you can't really do anything although there is a fair bit you can do with that depending on how much time you can spend on it. Anway the markers really seem to like these little phrases and they can make your work stand out and get you into the higher bands witout too much extra knowledge.. Anway I reckon that's the way to go..

emily

thanx all of you heaps :) sorry i didn't read your post earlier lolliana!!

i have been trying to watch le journal, but yeah its fairly hard going...

i have been collecting funky phrases, i'll continue then, thanx! oh...don't know how much more french can stand though :) oh well, it'll be gone by this time next week (except if i get into arts languages like i want to...)

keep smiling - we're almost there!!

Phatphil

what kinda funky phrases?

i do french cont. and i've been bludgiing my way through yr 11
but now i got to get vocaba and stuff and i am seriously lost.
i dunno how i came 3rd in my school ?!?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)