What to choose for Germany Speech??? (1 Viewer)

JadedJade

Hey everybody
i have to say a 5-10 minute speech on my own topic on 20th Century Germany and i want to go really well in this because so far i'm only average in the class and i want to better.
i have some topics that i think would be good like the Holocaust, operation bararossa, and the battle of britain but i want to do something different and interesting.
so does any one have any topic ideas for me i would appreciate it heaps.
cheers
JadedJade

Candypants

It really depends what you're interested in. I think doing one on opposition would be interesting and relative.

You could also argue about whether or not Nazi Germany was Totalitarian, because you can go on for ages about that, include heaps of historians and it has been asked in the HSC before.

You could also do an analysis of Hitler and his ideologies... or something regarding foreign policy and war.

Obviously there's heaps you could do, but I think it would be very interesting (which equals more marks) if you did an analysis of something rather than a description of an event. Say, you could pick some events in Nazi Germany and argue for and against how much or little they relate to Nazi ideology, and within that you could debate whether it was an ideology at all. Break Nazism down to its core and try and explain how that impacted the structure of the state. If you get down to that, it's something you can build your knowledge on top on, and thus relate it to almost any question the BOS will ask you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)