What to do? Short story help. (1 Viewer)

jacq093

HSC
Okay, so I'm now onto my third draft, and finding that the more I read it, the more boring the story is. I'm so close to just scrapping the whole thing RIGHT NOW .:burn:
What do I do?!

LordPc

HSC
realise that you are doing ee2 and get over it.

for some people they are writing a story that they love and they when they write they think of rainbows and love and write from the heart.

but for others it gets repetitive and reading and writing about the same thing for several months just makes them hate it. it was like this for me and for many other people im sure but in the end you come out with a good mark which is what it was all about.

its a tough course, but it wasnt designed to be easy.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I agree with LordPc that you may be finding it boring due to repeated exposure, but are you sure it's a real problem?
Got some examples/synopsis/failings to share? Has your family fallen asleep during a recital? Has your teacher slumped into a coma by page 2?

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Hey there, it can certainly be that you get bored by the story. So, what you need to do at the moment is stop writing it and reviewing and editing and step away. Put it aside. Think about it.

Perhaps there is something that is missing; a way you could go that will enhance your excitement again. This is usually what I find. If I am bored with it, then there is something missing. I leave it alone for a while and think and mull and then something comes and the whole thing becomes exciting again and off I go.

Stepping away for a bit is a valuable thing to do. You have time to leave it for a week or two.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and you may find that you end up scrapping half of it in the process, but that is OK, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)