Which biology textbook to use? (1 Viewer)

ssreganr

HSC
Hi, i've seen a lot of advice on either end, but which biology textbook should I predominantly use bio in focus or pearson or a different textbook?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hi, i've seen a lot of advice on either end, but which biology textbook should I predominantly use bio in focus or pearson or a different textbook?
both of them are kinda mid ngl but if you have to pick between the two, use bio in focus (don’t bother with pearson, it has a lot of info that’s useless and isn’t relevant to the bio hsc course - so does in focus but a lot less). but i thought the a+ hsc bio study notes were better though than the other two because it doesn’t include all that irrelevant info, concise but has all the info and has good case studies

ssreganr

HSC
both of them are kinda mid ngl but if you have to pick between the two, use bio in focus (don’t bother with pearson, it has a lot of info that’s useless and isn’t relevant to the bio hsc course - so does in focus but a lot less). but i thought the a+ hsc bio study notes were better though than the other two because it doesn’t include all that irrelevant info, concise but has all the info and has good case studies
would the A+ bio notes be good for textbook reading? since you said it was concise would it build a more conceptual understanding or would you recommend using them more for study notes and using in focus for textbook reading

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
would the A+ bio notes be good for textbook reading? since you said it was concise would it build a more conceptual understanding or would you recommend using them more for study notes and using in focus for textbook reading
i kinda had to use in focus for school cos my teacher taught from the textbook and used slides that took content right out of in focus. i’d mostly make random dot-points on a doc then just add to my notes i made solely with the a+ note stuff i was missing that could be important or related to the course so i think u could use it solely for textbook reading and for making notes, but if u wanted to u could also skim through like a similar corresponding part of in focus with an online pdf and then add to ur notes anything that the a+ book could’ve left out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)