Which degree (1 Viewer)

MA_2005

HSC
i have a selection rank of 82.15, but i also want to major in software at uts, do you think i could make it?

also i applied for honours and not dip of profe to answer that

cossine

HSC
For UTS do I apply for engineering (honours) or engineering (honours)/dip of proff practice?

I'm majoring in software btw
I would recommend that you drop the diploma. This will remove some subjects that are not meaningful. The diploma of professional practice is basically an internship. Basically you will have work for an employer for about 1 year.

A better approach would be to meet the 420 hr requirement of work experience for the engineering degree. (This applies to all engineering degrees). However I recommend you aim to get as much work experience as possible (furthermore university is fairly relaxed even in final year at least in my experience). It is through work experience you will truly develop practical skills.

dav53521

HSC
For UTS do I apply for engineering (honours) or engineering (honours)/dip of proff practice?

I'm majoring in software btw
The diploma forces you to do 2 6 months internship I believe and you have to find them. I heard that the diploma is not that great but I'm not in the engineering field so I'm not too sure

cossine

HSC
i have a selection rank of 82.15, but i also want to major in software at uts, do you think i could make it?

The selection rank can change from year to year. So even if you think your selection rank is quite low for some course I would still recommend you apply. There are multiple rounds. Maybe try even Usyd, or UNSW.

kepbo

HSC

Technically yes, the cutoff for last year was 76.15. But we'll only know next week

kepbo

HSC
I would recommend that you drop the diploma. This will remove some subjects that are not meaningful. The diploma of professional practice is basically an internship. Basically you will have work for an employer for about 1 year.

A better approach would be to meet the 420 hr requirement of work experience for the engineering degree. (This applies to all engineering degrees). However I recommend you aim to get as much work experience as possible (furthermore university is fairly relaxed even in final year at least in my experience). It is through work experience you will truly develop practical skills.
So the diploma isn't required for domestic students applying to UTS?

cossine

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)