worlds of upheaval related texts? (1 Viewer)

kazzaa89

HSC
Does anybody know any good related texts that have like a strong connection to worlds of upheaval? my prescribed texts are Frankenstein, metropolis, and waiting for godot. struggling to find some that have heaps to talk about with my prescribed. any help would be appreciated :)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Does anybody know any good related texts that have like a strong connection to worlds of upheaval? my prescribed texts are Frankenstein, metropolis, and waiting for godot. struggling to find some that have heaps to talk about with my prescribed. any help would be appreciated :)
i did disgraced cus we did it in yr11 and i already had paragraphs on it :) i thought it was a good text to do, the book isnt too long too

kazzaa89

HSC
i did disgraced cus we did it in yr11 and i already had paragraphs on it :) i thought it was a good text to do, the book isnt too long too
oo cool! is that the play by ayad akhtar? and if it is if u don’t mind me asking, what like themes did u use and how did u like it w the prescribed texts?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
oo cool! is that the play by ayad akhtar? and if it is if u don’t mind me asking, what like themes did u use and how did u like it w the prescribed texts?
yep :) so i did Frankenstein too. Here is my topic sentence:
Similarly, Akhtar’s play Disgraced explores the socio-cultural upheavals ensuing from the Occidentalist confrontation with New Terror, serving as a microcosm of cultural ignorance to disruptively dismantle fundamental truths of American exceptionalism by exposing the cultural and ontological upheavals of society and individuals

MJRey

HSC
A good related text for those would be Blade Runner, or you can use the book the film was based on, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

MJRey

HSC
Is it practical to do 2 prescribed texts? Will it make be do better in the HSC exam if I mention two prescribed texts? My teacher insists we all study two related texts despite most HSC exams only asking for a minimum of one. I just can't be asked to learn a whole new novel tbh just so that I won't even end up using it probably. (also Worlds of Upheaval btw)
Well, it doesn't hurt to do a second one because they can technically ask for analysis of two related texts. Like you said, they most likely won't, but they do want you to study two so it's entirely possible. If you're looking to save time, use a poem instead of a novel. My second related text was The Waste Land by T.S Eliot, which was great because whilst it's a long poem, I was studying Eliot's poetry in Advanced so I knew about the central themes and concerns in his writing. This meant I could save time in a big way by only having to analyse Eliot from a Worlds Of Upheaval lens rather than a Critical Study of Literature one.

vvert2023

HSC
I do Never Let Me Go (2005) by Kazuo Ishiguro. There's a good paper comparing them: "THE TYRANNY OF PURPOSE: RELIGION AND BIOTECHNOLOGY IN ISHIGURO'S "NEVER LET ME GO". Links pre well with WFG too because of the existentialism.

vvert2023

HSC
Well, it doesn't hurt to do a second one because they can technically ask for analysis of two related texts. Like you said, they most likely won't, but they do want you to study two so it's entirely possible. If you're looking to save time, use a poem instead of a novel. My second related text was The Waste Land by T.S Eliot, which was great because whilst it's a long poem, I was studying Eliot's poetry in Advanced so I knew about the central themes and concerns in his writing. This meant I could save time in a big way by only having to analyse Eliot from a Worlds Of Upheaval lens rather than a Critical Study of Literature one.
Yeat's the second coming works very well too. Still one of my favourite pieces of poetry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)