WSU Accomodation (1 Viewer)

Ochara

HSC
Hello,

I am having a hell of a time getting my campus accomodation.

Maybe this account of my troubles may help somehow with the mounting headache that I have been getting. So, I started my journey of getting my room about two months ago and that journey has not ended. I firstly booked a 5 room shared apartment with an ensuite bathroom and asked the CLV (campus living villages) group about the accomodation scholarship. They replied with the standard reply of inputting a code and stating that it would not be initially included in the contract. I say aight mans whatever right, but unfortunately didnt have my COE at the time so I let the time run out and reapply when the time comes. I got my COE then reapplied but accidentally booked the wrong room. This resulted in a back and forth (mind you I hadnt sent the deposit yet) between me and multiple different agents who were like AI chatbots who somehow only saw the last email I sent and not the previous ones. After this ordeal, I finally got the room (yay.) and signed the contract plus paid the deposit, only to be informed that the particular room was not scholarship-applicable. Note that this is despite my previous emails enquiring about the scholarship INCLUDING the type of room I was getting.

Now, i'm rather resigned at this point and was just going through the motions and asked to change my room type so I could get the scholarship. CLV said i couldnt cause i already signed the contract unless I cancel it. I said no and to alter it instead.

when I realised hey wait why are they still asking me for money though I already paid my other deposit which is much larger. To my horror, CLV had cancelled my 5room ensuite and I have no news of the money I have already sent. Just looking through these emails again makes me want to bang my head against my wall.

This post was condensed from 40 emails.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading this and I hope to send a more favourable update, if not the reply will be a sobbing emoji.

Ochara

HSC
Update: not too bad, got my agent who helped me apply to the school on it. I just wanted to save a couple of dollars now i'm wasting it on a damn cancellation fee even though I explicitly said that i did NOT want to cancel the contract. fuck,.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
are you an international student, why would you need to stay on campus?? There's so many apartments and flats for rent near every campus, I don't really think anyone gets it.

Ochara

HSC
ESHAYS ITS OVER I CAN FINALLY REST. Secured a room finally, got my previous deposit to cover it and some additional cash for future shit so I dont have to start working immediately after getting into sydney!! Also yes I am going to be an international student in australia and am leaving my connections and life behind to pursue my passion! I know this is only one hurdle in the mounting mass of obstacles but honestly I've already gotten my visa and my school fees settled so I'm set (that is until I'm at Australia lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)