Year 10 Work Experience (1 Viewer)

JiffyVFX

HSC
I'm thinking of doing year 10 work experience but I don't know how to find a place to work at, especially because I don't have any relatives who have interesting jobs in Australia. How did you guys find a place to work at?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm thinking of doing year 10 work experience but I don't know how to find a place to work at, especially because I don't have any relatives who have interesting jobs in Australia. How did you guys find a place to work at?
Is this for an actual part time / casual job, or something for school...? Are you looking for a general 'teen' job or work experience in the career area you're planning to go into?

Sir Jigger II

HSC
You have an infinite choices when it comes to Fast Food. I'd rather choose retail (I've worked one year at McD's and am currently employed at Domino's). There are also many places that have unpaid work experience for high schoolers. I'd say indeed or seek is a better place to look for these jobs.

JiffyVFX

HSC
Is this for an actual part time / casual job, or something for school...? Are you looking for a general 'teen' job or work experience in the career area you're planning to go into?
Both my friend was able to do some physiotherapy for school because his dad worked there for the work experience for school and I want to do something cool like that aswell but I'm also looking for a part time job.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Both my friend was able to do some physiotherapy for school because his dad worked there for the work experience for school and I want to do something cool like that aswell but I'm also looking for a part time job.
Part time job would be easier to find. Make a good resume and CV and apply to places such as Fast Food, Retail, Tutoring etc. You can also get 'cool' work experiences by searching google or indeed. My friend did a coding work experience 1 week during school.

carrotsss

HSC
For a part time job ask your friends etc. what places are nice to work at locally because it can depend a lot on the management and location

windows64

HSC
u can work in local medical centres of eyecare or dentistries they usually accept
im doing it at an optometrist and he offered me a casual job after the work experience

JiffyVFX

HSC
u can work in local medical centres of eyecare or dentistries they usually accept
im doing it at an optometrist and he offered me a casual job after the work experience
did you just send them an email? and what did u do at it like just following them around or?

windows64

HSC
did you just send them an email? and what did u do at it like just following them around or?
yeah i just sent them an email and they accepted me
I havent started my work experience yet im pretty sure its in november but the guy offered me a casual job when i went to sign the form

windows64

HSC
but basically he said that i would be working at reception and help the customers choose their glasses and get to watch what he does

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hello!! It might be a bit late to apply for Year 10 work experience as even when I was searching near the middle of the year, most of it already happened or there were no more spots left. However, there might still be some and it doesn't matter if you have relatives who have interesting jobs (it might be easier tho), you can always find one!

I suggest calling or going in person to the place you would like to work at or send them an email.

For me, I found my work experience through this website (https://studyworkgrow.com.au/work-experience/) and there was an online form I had to complete.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Hello!! It might be a bit late to apply for Year 10 work experience as even when I was searching near the middle of the year, most of it already happened or there were no more spots left. However, there might still be some and it doesn't matter if you have relatives who have interesting jobs (it might be easier tho), you can always find one!

I suggest calling or going in person to the place you would like to work at or send them an email.

For me, I found my work experience through this website (https://studyworkgrow.com.au/work-experience/) and there was an online form I had to complete.
How do you create account with that site?

Shizuka713

HSC
I personally didn't create an account but if you go "log-on," near the bottom there should be "register," and that should do the job.
hi
i am currently in yr 10 and thinking about choosing of subjects for next year
so basically i dont have enough units to make up to 12 units
and i was considering engineering studies/ geography

i want to study engineering in the future, but i am quite worried if the work load is a lot and stuff

i saw u chose engineering studies, any advice if it's hard?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
hi

i want to study engineering in the future, but i am quite worried if the work load is a lot and stuff

@scaryshark09

moonsuyoung

HSC
hi

heyy!! Since I have just started learning engineering studies, I can't tell you as much as people who have done the whole course. However, its a mix maths, physics and chemistry and I really enjoy right now!

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
heyy!! Since I have just started learning engineering studies, I can't tell you as much as people who have done the whole course. However, its a mix maths, physics and chemistry and I really enjoy right now!
MIX IT AND MIX IT AND MIX IT AND MIX IT

WHEN LIFEE DEALS US CARD MAKE EVERYTHING TASTE LIKE BITTER SALTT THEN YOUUU COMEEEE THROUGH WITH THE SWEETENER

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
engineering studies is alot of work, for kinda horrid scaling
if you wanna study engineering in the future then go for it
if you do phys, chem, 2u math, there is content that somewhat crosses over (not massively), but that could help
the subject requires quite a diverse and varried skillset which can seem overwhelming at times, but can also be fun and interesting
i personally didnt love the subject, but plenty of people did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)