Australian Maths competition (1 Viewer)

TheShy

HSC
Hey guys, so I'm wondering how many people are competing in the Australian Maths Competition. I'm also wondering what type of questions will be in the test, like word problems or what? If you guys have any idea please tell! Greatly appreciated.

Accurate

clix
HSC
Hey guys, so I'm wondering how many people are competing in the Australian Maths Competition. I'm also wondering what type of questions will be in the test, like word problems or what? If you guys have any idea please tell! Greatly appreciated.
Eh not sure how many people but quite a bit of people. The questions are mostly dodgy questions, they require lots of problem solving and thinking. I got a High Distinction last year for it and all i needed was like 21 out of 30 questions correct. If you're aiming for a Credit at least, you will not need much, something around 13-14 questions correct. I really can't say much about the questions and describe them, but i guess you gotta be creative in the sense of solving it, use your own methods and such, also they are a mixture of diagrams and word problems, the harder questions which I didn't complete are word problems, i really just used the time in the exam to get the easy questions right, and i didnt care about the last 5 ones, this way i could rack up the most points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)