ACCG256 and ECON240 as elective units? (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Hi every m8. I just wanna ask 4 ur advice.

I should choose 3 core units, ACCG200, ACCG250 and BUSL250 this sem. But there are no seats available 4 ACCG250 (how weird?) so I had to choose ACCG251. Due to its infamy (40% fails per sem, not so related to Accounting...), I dropped it and chose ACCG256 and ECON240 as my elective ones this sem.

4 ACCG256 if anyone has studied it, can u tell me how difficult it is? Just a bit harder than ACCG100 and ACCG101 or much? And what does it cover?

ACCG256 belongs to my major though, but 4 ECON240 I have no ideas of it? I only have done ECON111 (HD) and ECON110 (Cr). Is ECON240 much harder or more challenging to manage to study well? How about the content and tests, exams etc...

Thanks heaps in advance 4 ur advice. I'm dying to hear from m8s.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
i havn't done econ240 but michael dobbie and craig macmillan are amazing economics lectuerers. you did good in 100 level econ, 200 lvl econ is a big step up but from looking at the lecture topics i think you should be fine if you study hard.

blackrider89

HSC
i havn't done econ240 but michael dobbie and craig macmillan are amazing economics lectuerers. you did good in 100 level econ, 200 lvl econ is a big step up but from looking at the lecture topics i think you should be fine if you study hard.
Thanks heaps 4 ur advice. I know that Stephane Mahuteau - a French one - will cover this unit instead of Mr Dobbie. Not so sure the 2 lecturers above will teach or not. Mahuteau taught me in Microeconomics. I believed his credentials and academics were all very good. Also fun as hell though sometimes felt it tough to understand when he was in his own Economic thoughts world, lol.

Thanks again 4 ur advice. And if u cannot use the 2nd ACCG105 book just leave me a SMS and I will help u to find the 3rd one. But I think u it will be ok.

williamc

HSC
Thanks heaps 4 ur advice. I know that Stephane Mahuteau - a French one - will cover this unit instead of Mr Dobbie. Not so sure the 2 lecturers above will teach or not. Mahuteau taught me in Microeconomics. I believed his credentials and academics were all very good. Also fun as hell though sometimes felt it tough to understand when he was in his own Economic thoughts world, lol.

Thanks again 4 ur advice. And if u cannot use the 2nd ACCG105 book just leave me a SMS and I will help u to find the 3rd one. But I think u it will be ok.

ah ok no worries mate.

good luck!

Monstar

HSC
251 has a really high failure rate cause all the people who fail 250 switch over to 251.. coincidentally, 250/1 is mostly writing, so its like a trap for those who arent so strong on the communication side. I suggest you just cop it and do 251.

blackrider89

HSC
251 has a really high failure rate cause all the people who fail 250 switch over to 251.. coincidentally, 250/1 is mostly writing, so its like a trap for those who arent so strong on the communication side. I suggest you just cop it and do 251.
But the content and difficulty of exams are all the same or ACCG251 's really harder?

Monstar

HSC
They are meant to be the same unit, so it'd be pretty shit if they made 251 exam more difficult.. which i really doubt. Just do 251 man, 2 guys i know who did it got Ds.

Mathmatics85

HSC
251 was way fucking harder when Brett (the guy lecturer) took it. he's been teaching in 250 since last sem, and I guarantee the failure rate is higher in 250 now. He knows how to PWN students in the final.

Just check the unit outline of each and take the one that the above lecturer doesn't teach. if u want extra marks don't hesitate and do as i say.

blackrider89

HSC
251 was way fucking harder when Brett (the guy lecturer) took it. he's been teaching in 250 since last sem, and I guarantee the failure rate is higher in 250 now. He knows how to PWN students in the final.

Just check the unit outline of each and take the one that the above lecturer doesn't teach. if u want extra marks don't hesitate and do as i say.
Thanks 4 ur advice. I will try my best to avoid being taught by the guy, lol.
They change the Lecturer(s) in charge every year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)