Good Luck for English Standard HSC 2009 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys :love:

Just wishing all the people doing the HSC in a few weeks all the best.

Standard English does scale well, so it's worth doing your best in it :)

Good Luck!! ^^

HSC
thanks bruhh . i still have to de-do 3 essays devo. oh well hope its worth my effort in the end.

HSC
N/A
And be thankful you lot don't have to compete with me :lol: HSC 2010 watch out haha

Rainie

HSC
Hopefully it does too. I've been told ESL English scales better than Standard. Oh well. All the best people! Unfortunately, the only subject that counts. Like OP said, it's worthwhile doing your best in it :lol:

Vindictus

HSC
It only scales well because everybody generally lands in the same bands, and those who get ahead are very few in number, thus good scaling for exceptional students.

However, people that just cruised through the 2 years or didn't put in a lot of work, or were simply lazy, will be in the big group of people who land ontop of each other in terms of marks.

I know, for example, my school has never received a band 5 in standard, ever. Our adv and ext students do really well, but generally just the spastics or idiots that didn't go for adv (like myself) do standard.

Moneyequalmarks

HSC
Hey guys :love:

Just wishing all the people doing the HSC in a few weeks all the best.

Standard English does scale well, so it's worth doing your best in it :)

Good Luck!! ^^
I certainly hope that good luck applies not only to their exams but their entire lives as anyone ding standard needs a lot of luck in life. But i guess it should scale well this year, probably due to all the really intelligent, literate people who do it...I have heard that if you get 99/100 it should only get scaled down to about 3/100 this year which is pretty impressive for standard

HSC
Hopefully it does too. I've been told ESL English scales better than Standard. Oh well. All the best people! Unfortunately, the only subject that counts. Like OP said, it's worthwhile doing your best in it :lol:

haha ESL english doesn't scale better than standard.

advance and standard scale pretty much the same.

the only difference is that much more people get band 4, band 5 and band 6 in advance while in standard, most people tend to get band 3 or band 4.

but last year, I got 85 for standard english and it scaled me up heaps well. I even got a higher UAI than all of my friends who did advance english :p

so yeah, just do your best in it. in my opinion, even getting 75+ for standard will scale pretty well.

Good luck :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)