Can I bring my lip balm (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
If you ask, probably yes, but you'd have to remove any writing on the tube, and get it inspected.

michaeljennings

HSC
I wish you were allowed to eat in exams, I get so hungry towards the end and I cant concentrate

timinator1993

HSC
Look for some stuff called coconut water, basically like gatorade, tastes nice as well :)

jessicamay

HSC
You can only drink water... Sugar only gives you a rush for a few minutes and then you hit a low, have fun in an exam for three hours...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh cmon, I doubt you'd get time to eat/drink/etc... in an exam if you actually do the paper properly (even sciences, always took me almost the full time).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Does it say clear liquid or water on the site?
If it says clear liquid then I'm drinking vodka. Yay!

Btw, I'm asking this because for our preliminary exams for year 11 or maybe our half yearlies for year 12, I don't remember. Well anyway for those exams it said on the rules sheet that we could bring "clear liquid in a clear bottle without a label" so a bunch of kids had predrinks of goon and had vodka in the exam.
One of my friends wrote in DT that chairs and cars were renewable resources and got 2/3. Hahaha

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I always had lip balm with me. But strictly speaking, probably not. But yeah, go for it. :p

As for vodka - you probably could get away with it - but if you do (and you're a lightweight), then you'll probably finish the exam a lot earlier than you expect. ;)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
asif not smell it
They obviously could. I could.
But the teachers have no proof/wouldn't care because they don't have breathalysers/want the kids to learn from getting bad marks rather than an estimate of their sober marks.

o_0

HSC
They obviously could. I could.
But the teachers have no proof/wouldn't care because they don't have breathalysers/want the kids to learn from getting bad marks rather than an estimate of their sober marks.

HSC
N/A
oh cmon, I doubt you'd get time to eat/drink/etc... in an exam if you actually do the paper properly (even sciences, always took me almost the full time).
Maybe not eat no .. buhh my teacher said that you should take a sip of water after every qs so that it gives you that slight break and you can start another qs relatively "fresh"

:)

D94

HSC
N/A
but then if you have a weak bladder, you tend to wanna piss more
Then you would have already applied for special provisions, or at least let the Board know before the exams.

Glorious

HSC
Then you would have already applied for special provisions, or at least let the Board know before the exams.
Seriously, what if you dont have problems and you didn't need to go before the exam but your kidneys decided to do all the work DURING the exam? This happened to me during the trial legal studies exam, and I was not going to let that affect my performance... I had to argue with the teacher to go to the toilet - and mind you, I timed myself - 3 mins maximum. Okay, I get people might cheat - but seriously, there should be some kind of regulation for this - 3 hours is not easy to withstand the over production of urine lol - especially when you're under exam conditions - it sort of makes it worse.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe not eat no .. buhh my teacher said that you should take a sip of water after every qs so that it gives you that slight break and you can start another qs relatively "fresh"

:)
that seems like way toooo much effort (and a big waste of time, I mean pick it up, open it, take a sip, close it, put it down, get back to writing, you must waste atleast 5 min throughout the whole exam if you do it every question - not including MC)... I used to take a water bottle in but hardly ever actually take a drink though.

D94

HSC
N/A
Seriously, what if you dont have problems and you didn't need to go before the exam but your kidneys decided to do all the work DURING the exam? This happened to me during the trial legal studies exam, and I was not going to let that affect my performance... I had to argue with the teacher to go to the toilet - and mind you, I timed myself - 3 mins maximum. Okay, I get people might cheat - but seriously, there should be some kind of regulation for this - 3 hours is not easy to withstand the over production of urine lol - especially when you're under exam conditions - it sort of makes it worse.
During the HSC, you can't leave the room in the first hour, and the last 15 minutes. In between, you are free to go to the toilet, however, minimally. If you felt this impeded on your performance, you can apply for misadventure (assuming there is further documentation or valid reasoning for your toilet breaks; eg. stomach ache on the day). Because you will most likely walk past many people, those people will most likely apply for misadventure (ie. disruption), and so, the supervisors will keep tabs on when people are out of their seats.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
^ I thought it was the first and last half hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)