How difficult did you find the Eco exam? (1 Viewer)

How hard was 2012's Economics HSC Exam?

• 10 - Extremely difficult

Votes: 9 8.1%

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 4 3.6%

Votes: 8 7.2%

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 21 18.9%

Votes: 10 9.0%

Votes: 19 17.1%

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • 1 - Extremely easy

Votes: 20 18.0%

• Total voters

belinda1005

HSC
err. I think you should've addressed all 6 objectives to get full marks for the exam.
The way I structured mine was I talked about macro and micro policies EG:
Starts with fiscal policy - link it to some of the goals say its successful, then how it dampens other ones
Monetary - same thing
Micro policy - same thing

Conclusion - achieve some goals successfully, conflicting objectives etc etc

But I forgot to link them to enviro and external stability. However I think enviro needed a separate paragraph of its own (unless you slot it under fiscal or micro) when talking about like market based, putting a tax on externalities, complete ban etc. I was gonna slot it in at the end but no time :(
Sounds exactly the same as what I wrote in 8 and a half pages. :) It was a gift question.

freeeeee

HSC
Erm, I think it should be considered a 'government policy'. The RBA acts on behalf of the government.
Discuss the effectiveness of economic policies in achieving the Australian government's economic objectives.
So Monetary Policy should be okay, i decided not to do this Q because of its nature --> it is very easy and broad so i would expect the markers would want you to convey as many policies as you can, missing some important one might be detrimental. Just my opinion btw

belinda1005

HSC
Good job. I did mine in 7 pages but forgot to link some objectives so I'm pretty bummed.

Noo don't feel that way. Honestly the question was quite broad.. After the supervisor said pens down I felt really dizzy :S

Rawf

HSC
Noo don't feel that way. Honestly the question was quite broad.. After the supervisor said pens down I felt really dizzy :S
Haha I was really tired so when the supervisor was talking to me I was really stoned and I probs seemed wasted as.
She was like oh wow, your tables a mess. and I'm just like, yeahh..... i know aye
Then shes like dude you didn't write your student number on the booklet -___- and I was like ohhhhhh yeah good idea LMAO
Then she started walking away, but she forgot to sign my blue sheet off, so I was like oii heyyyyyyy and i was like pulling her jumper hahaha. Good times.

belinda1005

HSC
Lol I know supervisors are funny yet a tad dumb. I was waiting right behind the door before the exam started (lol I was the first one there soo pumped) and the supervisor opened the door wide open and squashed me with it. -.- hahaha it was classic.

Riaa

HSC
Too easy. Multiply Choice was a gift! Short answers (though there was a few that arched eyebrows) were straight forward. Extended Responses were great and predictable.

I am curious how alignment would work out with such an easy exam.

maknaedori

HSC
N/A
I like the questions :3 The only thing I hated was Question 25 and 26 LOL Maybe because I wasn't as prepared... Oh well~

allly123

HSC
Im pretty sure you were not required to talk about all objectives.

How successful is the australian governments policies in achieving objectives(you could pick one or two) that how i took it anyway.
Um no.
You have to talk about all economic objectives unless they specify certain ones. You can condense it though, I was brief on income+environment.

RishBonjour

HSC
Um no.
You have to talk about all economic objectives unless they specify certain ones. You can condense it though, I was brief on income+environment.
did you go in depth with eco growth/ U/e and inflalation?
I went in depth with 4 and I did income inequality just mehhh. (5 more mins could have talked about inequality on income and unemployment conflict with a wage diagram + talk about environment and recent Australia's linkage with EU with emissions trading scheme from 2015- would ev been close to full marks) probably get like 17/20 now.

imbored2

HSC
Lot easier than last year but the aligning will account for this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)