• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My HSC, please help (2 Viewers)

cineti970128

HSC
I didnt know where to post this on BOS forum

i am currently doing chem, bio, phys
and planning to get into UNSW med unbonded (so competitive)

I finished Chemistry - Yr 12 work by myself so i am keeping chemistry,
when i am in yr 12 i will be left with only 6 unit to complete, since i finish 4u maths this year,

should i do all 3 sciences or do chem with bio or phys?
which course is better bio or phy for medicine?

if anyone did well in Bio or Physics or Chemistry ( 94+ ) could you tell me how you studied, tips, and how much time you spent on each? tutor (necessary?)

Also I want to get at least 90 in my eng adv and hopefully aiming at 92ish , i am not naturally strong at english essays.
Could you suggest me what i could do to improve?
Should i go to tuition place for english?
Any suggestions?

Cheers,

v1

HSC
For all sciences: answer the question. and have very good exam technique <--difference between 90-91 and 94+

chemistry: time spent 2-3h/week
Try understanding chem (understand 70% rote learn 30%). Then you can derive everything on the spot if you forget something and do well on questions with new concepts.
Personally, i kept an equation book (very thin) where i put all important chemical equations eg. fermentation, battery equations etc...
Know all experiments in the syllabus. Understand what reliability, validity, accuracy mean and for every experiment, have a response prepared to improve these.
Learn from only the syllabus, spend more time on modules you are weaker at.
1 past paper every 2 days (3 per week) 6 weeks before trials, and 7 weeks before hsc (saved HSC ones for month before exam)

^similar approach to physics in terms of time/past papers/experiments

when doing hsc past papers, i strongly recommend looking online at the marker's comments to see what they are looking and what to avoid.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I didnt know where to post this on BOS forum

i am currently doing chem, bio, phys
and planning to get into UNSW med unbonded (so competitive)

I finished Chemistry - Yr 12 work by myself so i am keeping chemistry,
when i am in yr 12 i will be left with only 6 unit to complete, since i finish 4u maths this year,

should i do all 3 sciences or do chem with bio or phys?
which course is better bio or phy for medicine?

if anyone did well in Bio or Physics or Chemistry ( 94+ ) could you tell me how you studied, tips, and how much time you spent on each? tutor (necessary?)

Also I want to get at least 90 in my eng adv and hopefully aiming at 92ish , i am not naturally strong at english essays.
Could you suggest me what i could do to improve?
Should i go to tuition place for english?
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Write more essays and give to teachers for feedback :).i don't really think tuition for English is necessary, although I guess it could help to have someone good look over and help refine your essay. I think that bio would be more relevant but they teach u it in ur first few lectures anyway, so do what u enjoy :). Maybe if we both work hard enough, We'll see each other in UNSW med Cineti :).

cineti970128

HSC
Write more essays and give to teachers for feedback :).i don't really think tuition for English is necessary, although I guess it could help to have someone good look over and help refine your essay. I think that bio would be more relevant but they teach u it in ur first few lectures anyway, so do what u enjoy :). Maybe if we both work hard enough, We'll see each other in UNSW med Cineti :).
very good i hope we both make it

v1 thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)