• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Linking Sentence (2 Viewers)

xploder75

HSC
Hi guys. I've been writing lots of essays and I would like to know what a linking sentence at the end of a main paragraph does and what it is.

Thanks.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
A linking sentence links back to the question you're answering in the essay and to the next paragraph.

enoilgam

HSC
Hi guys. I've been writing lots of essays and I would like to know what a linking sentence at the end of a main paragraph does and what it is.

Thanks.
Linking sentences sum up the point you have made in a paragraph and demonstrate how that paragraph supports your thesis. Some people dont really use them, but I think they are a key part of any essay, because it clarifies things for the marker (especially if you have gone off on a bit of a tangent in a paragraph).

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you generally don't have a 'linking sentence' at end of paragraph for English essays, it is more like concluding sentence, linking sentences are usually at the start of paragraphs-as a part of the topic sentence, although this depends on the module and the extent to which you are expected to compare two or more texts in your essay, if you could give an example essay question, we might be able to more specifically suggest what a good linking sentence looks like...

buriza

conviction
HSC
Like strawberrye said, it is your choice whether you want to implement them at the end of paragraphs, but generally they can be done in the form of topic sentences as well. If you do choose to implement them at the end of paragraphs, you basically just need to reinforce once more why your point has been relevant in answering the question (using key terms in the question can help with this). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)