ESL Related text (1 Viewer)

waterlml

HSC
HI i just want to ask that can i use the st patrick's college poem as my related text in ESL (belonging), i know it is part of the area of study for standard English, so i'm not sure if i can use it as a related text or not

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I highly don't advise you to use any prescribed text that is on any of the current HSC English prescribed text list(this is even more so since a prescribed text for ESL English for the area of study includes Skrzynecki's poetry)

waterlml

HSC
I highly don't advise you to use any prescribed text that is on any of the current HSC English prescribed text list(this is even more so since a prescribed text for ESL English for the area of study includes Skrzynecki's poetry)
Thanks a lot!!i think you just saved my half yearly and my 2014 hsc!! my esl class is doing the china coin as a prescribed text for belonging, just planned to use the poem "we are going" as my related text now, thanks again :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks a lot!!i think you just saved my half yearly and my 2014 hsc!! my esl class is doing the china coin as a prescribed text for belonging, just planned to use the poem "we are going" as my related text now, thanks again :)
No worries, you might want to consider having another related text just in case for belonging, it is possible in this year's HSC exam they might specific two.

bangladesh

HSC
I am pretty sure that there's a rule that stops you from being able to use any texts on the prescribed texts list of ANY english course as your related text. If you have any esl specific questions you can ask me coz i did esl for my hsc

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I am pretty sure that there's a rule that stops you from being able to use any texts on the prescribed texts list of ANY english course as your related text. If you have any esl specific questions you can ask me coz i did esl for my hsc
If it is a rule, I highly doubt it is an explicit rule, it is more implicit (a rule that is hard to monitor completely)..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)