General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Suuup2

HSC
btw anyone have a rough idea on how many marks you would lose for not including a conclusion?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

queviltai

HSC
btw anyone have a rough idea on how many marks you would lose for not including a conclusion?
They don't mark like that. Marking is a synthesis of all the elements of your essay. In reality it's probably one or two /15 but it really depends on the rest of your essay, what level you're writing at, etc.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
confirmed

done

Yeah; our presiding officer said we could. Some people gave me weird stares when I did :haha:
Lucky.

One of our supervisors was soo fkn shitty with death stares and he yelled at students who asked him questions. Some fgts i swear...

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Lucky.

One of our supervisors was soo fkn shitty with death stares and he yelled at students who asked him questions. Some fgts i swear...
we had one that was attractive to an extent :haha:

britaker

HSC
Was a little thrown off by

1) lack of explicitly mentioning the word "belonging"
2) all the short responses being 3 marks
3) the essay question in general

But I think it went alright, hope I wrote enough :)

_s2

HSC
how do you think the marks will be allocated for the 6 marker? and if you wrote two texts do they just take the better one? (urgh so frustrated i actually saw it only wanted one text but in the stress of the exam completely misread it the second time :( )

photastic

HSC
If the difficulty of this exam reflects the difficulty of tomorrow, I will respect english I think :p

ushnakhalid

HSC
lol just realised i read the question wrong and analysed two texts for 6 marker instead of one......wonderful. but i did both in depth so hopefully 4 marks

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
how do you think the marks will be allocated for the 6 marker? and if you wrote two texts do they just take the better one? (urgh so frustrated i actually saw it only wanted one text but in the stress of the exam completely misread it the second time :( )
4 marks for the analysis
2 for structure

I'm guessing that

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm keen to know the mark allocation too.

I wrote about 4 points, with an intro and a conc (only one body tho). ~2 pages

The brunette one?

She was like a 7/10 atleast if not 7.5.

But I did say extent don't forget.
I know the one you mean, meh

The examiners were not the type of people I expected tho, the one i talked to to go to toilet was super nice.

I was expecting older, retired teachers.

photastic

HSC
Hahahah we had a young guy lel and girls went cray cray.
But all our others were bitchy old men and women who looked lyk someone drained all the happiness out of them like dementors haha.

Speaking of which, I wonder how HPF went :) Probs aced it!!

Haha old men. I got lollies cos my tummy was rumbling :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)