"Tube Exits" style app for Sydney Trains??? (1 Viewer)

jdennis

HSC
Recently I found out about an app for the London Underground which provides you with information about which door of the train to board, so that when you get off the train your exit/interchange is right in front of you: http://www.tubeexits.co.uk

It has been very successful in London, and whilst in Sydney recently I found myself standing on platforms waiting for trains, wondering where the best spot to wait would be so that when I got to my stop, I didn't have to fight through the crowds to try and find the right exit. So it got me thinking, I wonder what the prospects of a similar app would be in Sydney?

We have stations like Central, Town Hall, Wynyard etc. that get highly crowded at peak hour and for many are difficult to navigate.

I'm wondering what your thoughts on something like this would be? Would you use it if it was available on the App Store, and how much would you pay for it? I'm really only asking this out of curiosity, I have absolutely none of the required skills to make an app!

lightthefuze

HSC
Recently I found out about an app for the London Underground which provides you with information about which door of the train to board, so that when you get off the train your exit/interchange is right in front of you: http://www.tubeexits.co.uk

It has been very successful in London, and whilst in Sydney recently I found myself standing on platforms waiting for trains, wondering where the best spot to wait would be so that when I got to my stop, I didn't have to fight through the crowds to try and find the right exit. So it got me thinking, I wonder what the prospects of a similar app would be in Sydney?

We have stations like Central, Town Hall, Wynyard etc. that get highly crowded at peak hour and for many are difficult to navigate.

I'm wondering what your thoughts on something like this would be? Would you use it if it was available on the App Store, and how much would you pay for it? I'm really only asking this out of curiosity, I have absolutely none of the required skills to make an app!
I would love to use something like this, especially since I'm vertically challenged and navigating through crowds is 1000x harder than it is for people above 5'0! I would pay $2-$3 or so for this app, though a 'Lite' version or having it free altogether would be best.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)