Moderation is unfairrrrrrr :((((( (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hiii I have a question. If I'm ranked third in a subject, relatively close to the top two, but the entire cohort performs badly in the exam, will I get dragged down? Apparently there is a "huge gap" between me and 4th, so I'm closer to the top two than the rest of the grade

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hiii I have a question. If I'm ranked third in a subject, relatively close to the top two, but the entire cohort performs badly in the exam, will I get dragged down? Apparently there is a "huge gap" between me and 4th, so I'm closer to the top two than the rest of the grade
By the entire cohort, if you mean including the top two then yes your moderated internal mark wont be as high.
However if you and including the top two perform well and everyone else does bad, what will happen most likely is that either you will stay the same, get dragged up a little, or the people below you get dragged down.
However this largely depends on how large the gap is between you and fourth, if its like 20% you have nothing to worry about..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)