LCMDTS that demonstrate positive use of police powers? (1 Viewer)

107thbarnes

HSC
Hi guys! Does anyone have any legislation, cases, media articles, documents, treaties or statistics that demonstrate the positive use of police powers?

Thanks! :cool:

shivanshw63

HSC
Hi guys! Does anyone have any legislation, cases, media articles, documents, treaties or statistics that demonstrate the positive use of police powers?

Thanks! :cool:
LEPRA 2002
R v Abrahams
R v Xie
"New police powers allow on-the-spot AVOs in NSW domestic violence cases" ABC 2013
Crimes (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007
Police v JC
just a few off the top of my head, email me at shivanshwangnoo@gmail.com if you want more or if you're interested in legal tutoring, i got 99 and was rank 1 :)

HSC
R V Stanford 2016 is a good one.

School cleaner Vincent Stanford was convicted of killing and sexually assaulting a teacher from the school, Stephanie Scott.

During investigation, police exercised their powers by conducting a 'search and seizure' (legislated via Part 4 of Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002)), and found a bra, key and boot lining, which all matched the DNA of the victim, Scott. Inherently, this evidence played a colossal role towards the DPP securing a successful conviction

Overall, an effective use of police powers which achieves retribution and safety for victims and the community

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)