How do I prepare for Year 12 during the school holidays? (1 Viewer)

HSC
With the first half of the school holidays over, I have been very lazy playing tonnes of video games the whole time and don't know where to start and how to prepare for Year 12 and the HSC. What can I do during the school holidays to prepare me for the 2022 and HSC?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps you could have a look at the syllabus document for some of your subjects as a starting point in terms of your preparations for year 12 and the HSC, which would apply to subjects such as English Standard and Economics.

English Standard:

The English Standard syllabus lists and elaborates on all the modules to be explored in addition to their respective prescribed texts. Developing an understanding of what issues/themes/ideas each module entails prior to the beginning of year 12 is beneficial as it will likely allow you to guide your studies in terms of focusing on the important elements of your prescribed texts, which would be those relevant to the aforementioned issues/themes/ideas. Knowing (and subsequently familiarising yourself with) the specific prescribed texts that you will be studying as part of each module in year 12 would enable you to extend this benefit as this can make analysing them a less demanding experience as you would have gained an idea of what each of your prescribed texts covers (in terms of themes/ideas/issues raised by the respective module) in advance.

The English Standard syllabus can be accessed using the following link:

Economics:

The Economics syllabus lists and elaborates on all 4 topics to be explored. Developing an understanding of what each of the 4 topics entails in terms of content will enable you to understand the structure of the Economics HSC course before you commence year 12. If you wish, you may be able to extend this benefit by exploring and gaining an understanding of the content, either through an Economics textbook or by accessing a set of Economics notes. The Notes & Resources section contains several sets of notes which you may find beneficial. These can be accessed using the following link:

The Economics syllabus can be accessed using the following link:

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)