Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (2 Viewers)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Does anyone know how difficult it is to get into ruse. I applied this year with 40+ certificates, 1 comp, decent reports and src and taekwondo state participation, and still need to do edutest. Would that be sufficient to get me into ruse assuming I do well in the exam. Btw I go girra if that changes anything
farkkk ruse now ay, I have no idea about vacancies and stuff for ruse but basically best of the best for everything. I think you got a good chance for baulko tho. I feel like they would take into consideration that you currently attend a selective school(maybe idk im assuming)

Scimat

HSC
Yo guys I did the Edutest for ruse today and it wasn’t as hard as it sounds. Like especially maths and numerical reasoning. But there are 60 questions for 30 mins so that’s the challenge ig. Also only like 60 people applied for year 11 next year (I’m in year 10 now) I just wanna know what my chances of getting in are based on the results:

Verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and reading comprehension: 45-55/60

maths: 55-60/60

For writing the-stimulus was a picture of a hall. I said that my character fell in a coma and he is trying to escape from the hall (the whole being a metaphorical prison that his conscious inflicted on itself) andtalked about self-conflict and stuff. But I didn’t describe much

Also are we expected to complete all questions cos that would be insane.

skzzks

HSC
Also are we expected to complete all questions cos that would be insane
i don’t think so coz i did it at nsg today and hardly anyone finished maths and mathematical reasoning without guessing (60 qs in 30 mins is insane) but idk for ruse it’s probably different since there’s also a larger candidature (nsg probably only around 40 ish)

skzzks

HSC
verbal, reading and writing were definitely easier than anticipated tho i would say that edutest is easier than hast

Scimat

HSC
i don’t think so coz i did it at nsg today and hardly anyone finished maths and mathematical reasoning without guessing (60 qs in 30 mins is insane) but idk for ruse it’s probably different since there’s also a larger candidature (nsg probably only around 40 ish)
I dont think anyone has finished numerical and verbal reasoning at ruse too, although I haven't talked to anyone outside of girra but I heard other schools talking amongst their friends. Maths wasn't that difficult I believe half the people would have finished it (esp nsbhs, cos for some reason they still apply smh). There is no way that anyone finished reading.

skzzks

HSC
I dont think anyone has finished numerical and verbal reasoning at ruse too, although I haven't talked to anyone outside of girra but I heard other schools talking amongst their friends. Maths wasn't that difficult I believe half the people would have finished it (esp nsbhs, cos for some reason they still apply smh). There is no way that anyone finished reading.
it was the opposite for us HAHAHA i think most people finished verbal i finished reading, writing and verbal with time to spare and without guessing but doesn’t mean i did well i guess 😩😩

skzzks

HSC
i guess maths wasn’t too bad but the fact that it was non calculator as well as 60 questions in 30 mins put a lot of people off guard i think i guessed maybe 5 of the longer questions to save time

kkk579

hello
HSC
oh lol should i start doing practice for the hast
tbh nearly everyone just eyeballs it. they go in without doing practice because it’s very hard to predict what’s actually in the test. best bet r the acer scholarship papers which i’ve already done

eskypole

HSC
tbh nearly everyone just eyeballs it. they go in without doing practice because it’s very hard to predict what’s actually in the test. best bet r the acer scholarship papers which i’ve already done
would you mind sending the acer scholarship test to me? I've been searching all over the internet for past papers and couldn't find it. I would greatly appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)