Better student life&vibe in UNSW or MQ? (1 Viewer)

No surprises

HSC
Hi guys
I wanna do a bachelor of city planning in UNSW or MQ not really sure yet

I know the atar for UNSW is around 80 and MQ is about 75 so I think It'll not be that hard to get

But I am a very social and not that academic person, I am just wondering which uni has a better student life?I am afraid I will be the last tiers in UNSW as well since everyone is so smart.

Because I have attended a uni-yr12 program from macquarie uni and all the mentors are very nice, they are all from mq uni.Plus I live near mq uni so I always go there and I know it has a lot of societies as well such as planning society and musical society(Ik unsw have them as well but seems like the planning society is not very active)

Macquarie uni is closer to shopping centre..? and would everyone say the "topography" is much better than UNSW lol almost hills
And Ik MQ has good mentors for uni students and numeracy supports(any maths relate questions support and it's free),maybe mental health support?not sure about that,
Some mq students told me they have the atar for unsw or usyd but they just feel mq has a more friendly atmosphere.It has a more natural atmosphere compare to concrete feelings in unsw usyd as well.
MQ is always stating the students will have high employability in the future, the very flexible double degree is also attracting me.BUT UNSW is a honour degree tho...

So plz any MQ or UNSW students tell me the pros and cons for ur uni...Especially from a student perspective(student life, mental health caring, employability, the peer pressure, how's the professors, lecture&tutorial quality) Thank y'all

No surprises

HSC
how do you know they're from wsu/usyd .. merch ? attitude ? are students from diff unis distinctive in some way?
In that case I am UNSW and USYD and MQ student at the same time lol

idkkdi

HSC
If you walk into Macquarie, how can you tell if people are from WSU or USYD...

Also, this is the same with every single uni, societies often collaborate with each other so it's not unusual to see people from other unis. No sane person would travel 1 hr+ from UNSW/USYD just to "hang out" at MQ.
Funnily enough it does happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)