HSC ATAR Yr 11 Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

Lirael_Moon

HSC
I am looking to do three languages and possibly Japanese Extension in yr 12
Japanese Continuers
French Beginners
Arabic Beginners (Open High)
But i am not sure if this is a good idea does anyone have advice? Also is Open high good for studying languages?

Also I’m not sure which subject I should drop Biology or Ancient History my feelings towards both are the same

I want to study Medicine or Law in the future

DemonDavis_

HSC
This is a tough situation because obviously, you want to go into two degrees that are quite difficult and require a high atar however you are mostly studying languages (which is good if your good at them) but are looking to drop biology (a subject they'll cover most of in your first term of medicine) and your not doing legal studies or Latin which would benefit you in law. I would recommend keeping biology purely based on what you want to do in the future however it all depends on how you're doing at them.
Also, I heard that open high is alright for learning languages provided you really push yourself.
Hope this helps :)

Lirael_Moon

HSC
This is a tough situation because obviously, you want to go into two degrees that are quite difficult and require a high atar however you are mostly studying languages (which is good if your good at them) but are looking to drop biology (a subject they'll cover most of in your first term of medicine) and your not doing legal studies or Latin which would benefit you in law. I would recommend keeping biology purely based on what you want to do in the future however it all depends on how you're doing at them.
Also, I heard that open high is alright for learning languages provided you really push yourself.
Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much!!! :) yeah I’ll keep Bio because it will help me in the future.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Why do language if you want to do medicine? Anyway I would pick Bio over history...

Jai2019

HSC
definitely keep biology. The year 11 course is a little on the boring side of life but yaer 12 is great.
For me at least.
Have Fun and all the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)