How to approach a PIP (1 Viewer)

triviajeon

HSC
Hi !!!!

This might be a very cliche post here but I'm going into Year 12 next term and we were told to come in with a plan on how to go with our PIPs. I don't know how to approach this because for our MINI PIP this year - everyone had the same topic given by the teacher! Any tips on what direction to begin with?

I am also a bit nervous for secondary research - does anyone know any really good places to conduct secondary research?

Thank you :D

quickoats

HSC
Do a mind map to narrow down your topic. It’s worth doing an extra bit of thinking rather than diving straight into work so you can make sure you have a topic that will motivate you the whole way through. Literally dot point what you’re interested in and see if you can draw a pip from that. Make sure that you can link to a cross cultural perspective. E.g. if you like fashion, you could write your pip on fast fashion in different socioeconomic classes.

Make a free account at the state library website and use their search function, there is a tonne of secondary research there.

Good luck :)

triviajeon

HSC
Do a mind map to narrow down your topic. It’s worth doing an extra bit of thinking rather than diving straight into work so you can make sure you have a topic that will motivate you the whole way through. Literally dot point what you’re interested in and see if you can draw a pip from that. Make sure that you can link to a cross cultural perspective. E.g. if you like fashion, you could write your pip on fast fashion in different socioeconomic classes.

Make a free account at the state library website and use their search function, there is a tonne of secondary research there.

Good luck :)
This was really helpful!! Thank you so much!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)