HSC Extension 2 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Fabrizio

HSC
The syllabus says "simple" number proofs so I think the other content will be the source of the harder questions.

Considering some of q15 in 2015 went to q16 in the sample paper, it looks like it might have already been a bit easier than 2015 even before any editing (79 ish band 6?). If they did make the exams easier it might become similar to sciences (low 80s?) or if they just kept the nice aligning anyways it might stay as mid high 70s.
Is band 6 for sciences only 80?

MrGresh

HSC
I'm thinking though cause it's first year of new syllabus the cut off will be pretty low regardless of the difficulty of the exam as it is new untested content, well at least I'm hoping it is :/
Haha, yeah probably. Same thing happened with sciences last year I believe actually.

Its one of the easier papers i have seen. Only really out there questions were 14 a) and 16 c). I got mid to high 80s
See I find that strange, because I have done plenty of other trial exams and I found the sample paper more challenging compared to them. I guess I'm just better at a different sort of question?

ultra908

HSC
anyone else think the nesa sample answers r rlly weird- they skip steps where they shouldnt and add extra stuff where they dont need to?

MrGresh

HSC
anyone else think the nesa sample answers r rlly weird- they skip steps where they shouldnt and add extra stuff where they dont need to?
Yeah, I definitely think the term "sample answers" is misleading - I'm fairly sure if you wrote some of those answers in the exam the marker would be very confused haha

Fabrizio

HSC
Haha, yeah probably. Same thing happened with sciences last year I believe actually.

See I find that strange, because I have done plenty of other trial exams and I found the sample paper more challenging compared to them. I guess I'm just better at a different sort of question?
I suck at proofs and some of the harder complex number stuff and it wasnt that bad in the sample but some of the past papers i have done have so much of it

erucibon

HSC
N/A
will any ext 1 content. overlap into the ext2
exam
Yes but not a big part of the exam. For example, pigeonhole principle as a sub question is very much possible (sample paper).

Last edited:

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
So anyone have predictions for the hardest couple of questions? Hopefully 11-14 are 'filler' types cause 15 + 16 are gonna hit hard haha

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Does anyone think there will be a forced complex substitution for integration in 14 or 15? I think it would make an interesting question and might separate those who have studied more from those who haven't

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Does anyone think there will be a forced complex substitution for integration in 14 or 15? I think it would make an interesting question and might separate those who have studied more from those who haven't
Not sure how an integration question with a given substitution can really separate those studied vs those who haven’t?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Not sure how an integration question with a given substitution can really separate those studied vs those who haven’t?
Complex substitution man like being forced to solve integral of sin^5(x) via separating into terms of e^ipi. I’ve seen it maybe 3 or 4 times in trials and miscellaneous questions so it’s fairly rare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)